I have been fishing that area every week , without much success i might add but Here is what I observed last week.

We did our normal buzz from little salmon out to the land of OZ to join the rest of the fleet, passing right over the bay as most all the boats do.

We hit a king in 240 fow then nothing for hrs out there. After lunch and beach time break we went out in the evening around 5 pm and fished the Bay Area from 80 fow to 110 fow and the screen was loaded with fish. Salmon I'd presume as they were large hooks and not the usual laker marks on the floor.

Now this was the first real sign of fish ( salmon ) in the area we have seen all season so here is my thoughts :

I believe the salmon are starting to stage up in the area . I think that they have been getting scattered by the massive amount of boats that buzz through there in the morning heading out. Then once things settle down ( usually nobody fishing in that close ) they return to the staging area in the afternoon .

At least that's my thought from last week. I will be there starting today for 7 days trying to figure this fishery out ( hasn't worked in the last 3 months though lol ) . That's going to be my strategy this week , fish just inside the conga line in the am and much shallower in the pm.

We are also going to go full on for lake trout by mid morning if nothing is doing in 125-200 fow .

Good luck out there and let's hope many rods stay bent from fish and not riggers :

Rich

When you guys talk about Mexico bay , I generally consider outside of 140 fow not really the bay portion .

What do most folks consider ( depth wise ) part of the bay .

To hit 200 fow from little SR its in the 6-7 mile range .

Thanks

Rich

I have been fishing that area every week , without much success i might add but Here is what I observed last week.

We did our normal buzz from little salmon out to the land of OZ to join the rest of the fleet, passing right over the bay as most all the boats do.

We hit a king in 240 fow then nothing for hrs out there. After lunch and beach time break we went out in the evening around 5 pm and fished the Bay Area from 80 fow to 110 fow and the screen was loaded with fish. Salmon I'd presume as they were large hooks and not the usual laker marks on the floor.

Now this was the first real sign of fish ( salmon ) in the area we have seen all season so here is my thoughts :

I believe the salmon are starting to stage up in the area . I think that they have been getting scattered by the massive amount of boats that buzz through there in the morning heading out. Then once things settle down ( usually nobody fishing in that close ) they return to the staging area in the afternoon .

At least that's my thought from last week. I will be there starting today for 7 days trying to figure this fishery out ( hasn't worked in the last 3 months though lol ) . That's going to be my strategy this week , fish just inside the conga line in the am and much shallower in the pm.

We are also going to go full on for lake trout by mid morning if nothing is doing in 125-200 fow .

Good luck out there and let's hope many rods stay bent from fish and not riggers :

Rich

Rich, we're headed up in the morning from NH for the week as well, boat is staying in salmon country. Give us a shout on the VHF (channel?) maybe we can help each other out. Boat name is title

Good luck

Steve

KJ Louise

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have been on 68 all season but also set to scan . Hear the regulars over by the stack all the time . Some may be familiar , draggin fly , blue devil and jersey joe , lol sometimes the VHF radio gets a bit chatty so the stereo gets turned way up , lol

Good luck and best fishes to all :)

Rich

Steelfire , I will be up all week also . My boat name is ( here we go ) . I'm on channel 68 . Yes , I fish the LOC , 3 years ago , we took 3rd place with a 17 lb brown . So I'm far ahead of the game . I will share information , if I find them . This year has been tough . Ok good luck to all .