Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 August 21-23

As I sit here working at the dock, I can't help but curse NOAA and their weatherman.  The forecast for today was West winds 15+mph and waterspouts.  As I sit here, working, there is the slightest south breeze and the lake is beautiful.  Oh well, perhaps we can get out after our morning meetings. 

Reports have been of slow fishing earlier in the week.  The south wind blew the last couple of days, so there should be some cooler water in close, which will hopefully bring the fish in and start them feeding.  It can't be much worse than last weekend that's for sure!

Theresa and I signed up for the Fall LOC and we look forward to fishing it every year.  Let's hope we get some good weather and good fishing and we hope to see some familiar names on the leaderboard this year!

Hey nick how would a south wind blow bring in cooler water?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Whatever direction the wind blows, it tends to blow the surface water in the same direction. The surface water right now is warmer than the water below it. As the south wind blows the warm surface water out, the cooler water below backfills it. What you will end up seeing is that 50degree water which was at 100ft down last weekend, should move up higher and be down maybe 80ft. How much it moves depends on how hard and how long it blows for.

Crazy how the two lakes can be so different. Erie is rocking right now with only light south winds in olcott. Guess I should have made the trip north. Thought it was supposed to be a little breezy out of the west.

It's pretty breezy out of the west now here in Sodus.

That was my last pro am...... I fell in the back of the boat 5 times and finally said why are we still out here...

We had the same realization at one point when I looked back to see Theresa sitting indian style on the floor trying to fight a fish.

43 degree water down 75 feet over 120 feet of water. Six to seven foot waves today. Trolled from sunrise till nine whenvwe said that this was crazy and headed back in. Took three hours to get back into the shoot. Have one trenty pound or so king and maybe two broken toes for our efforts. A very rough day