Cayuga 8/21

Launched at Taughannock at noon. Headed north, really slow all the way to the boy scout camp so I picked up and cruised North a few miles. Dropped lines about a mile south of Kidders and the bottom in 80-90' was covered with Lakers. Dropped a SD down with a new fly made by Minion (blue UV) BAM, BAM. THANKS MAN! Had a steady pull for about an hour. Dipsy (mag) was slow but managed a few. Ran a rigger on each side with sliders, Orange and gold took multiple small lls, three bows and one huge LL that jumped right at the boat for an easy release:rolleyes:

Ended up catching 7 Lakers, dropped 4 more, six salmon, three bows and zero browns. Never ran below 2.8 mostly 3.0-3.2. Riggers were 55 and 70, except when targeting the Lakers in 80' then dropped em till they hit bottom then a few feet up.. with blowback I'm sure I wasn't getting 40-55. Other lures that caught fish were FLT angry alewife green, mixed veggies scorpion size. Another key was the lead on the SD at about 30" tried other shorter leads the fish seemed to be a bit lazy. Nice day to be out solo, off the water by 5 pm.

Sorry no pics, released all but a few Lakers that were nice eating size and one 24" bow, yummy!!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Noticed a couple of small things,

The moon was directly overhead at 1 pm and the Lakers coughed up mostly digested bait, think they ate really early and had a late lunch, lol!

Johnny Johnny Johnny what did I tell you about giving them Lakers mouth to mouth..

That I should do it like you showed me? Lol!

You getting yourself out on the big O this week? I want to see the report!