Wanted Looking for outboard

FOUND!Looking for a 90-120 hp outboard with controls and power trim and tilt. I am flexible on manufacturer and age into the 80's. Old mother shot...can't afford a new one...

Edited by burkhartm

If you want a good trustworthy outboard in that range, look for a mid eighties Johnson /Evinrude. Remove the VRO and replace with a regular fuel pump. You will be all set for the next 20 years.

If you can find it, get a looper (something to do with the shape of the cylinder head) those are not as thirsty.

Edited by rolmops

If you want a good trustworthy outboard in that range, look for a mid eighties Johnson /Evinrude. Remove the VRO and replace with a regular fuel pump. You will be all set for the next 20 years.

If you can find it, get a looper (something to do with the shape of the cylinder head) those are not as thirsty.

This right here but the VRO isn't complete junk but can cause some headaches of not properly maintained. I have an 88 Johnson 150 with VRO with well over 1500 hours and not a bit of problems. She starts every season and pushes my boat nicely.

Sent from my thinking chair...

If I remove the VRO, then I have the SPL model...right? May be going that way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Exactly.

Most commercial people using this engine use the SPL model. In this case SPL means "Keep It Simple" so it can't break down.