Another year done. I look at the weekly top 10's and the west end of the lake weighed in two, maybe three fish for the entire tournament of any merit! This has been a consistent theme out of Bronte, Port Credit and Hamilton for the last several years. Can anyone tell me who funds the rehab process in the rivers or how I might be involved? This is getting ridiculous.

How about the fact that when they take their fish to spawn, they choose the bigger fish to take eggs from. In NY, I have heard numerous reports of guys watching the staff choose the smaller fish over the bigger fish. But they will never admit to that.

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Salmon River Drift Boat trips

Waterfowl Hunting.

I know Port Credit for sure.  Saw the pen this spring.  I don't think there's been anything out of Bronte though.  The Atlantic focus makes sense as I had a couple of big ones on the in the boat this year out of Bronte.  First year that's happened for me.

My concern is whats causing the seemingly sharp decline in the west for Chinook.  I've seen the riverbanks shoulder to shoulder in the fall for the run and only one CO in the area for enforcement.  That can't be good for the population.

Bronte has a pen that they started this year and I think port d has a pen project as well. When I was a kid it seemed like every marina and river had salmon running up them or in them. Hopefully the stocking program makes some adjustments to get some more fish in the west end. I know the river runs have not been nearly what they were even 5 years ago. And the preasure is down a lot because of it. If there are no fish to catch the banks thin out alot.

Would be nice if they stopped stocking fish directly into Lake Ontario @ 1:00 in the afternoon from the fish tanker truck.  What a waste of fish.  On the positive side, the seagulls really enjoyed the feast this spring until 4:00 p.m.  Just as a few salmon start to make it to the west end, at least the GOSD is over and there is less boat traffic.  Next year, I think I will fish the east end earlier when possible.

Edited by RiggerRob