Tinks #69//Scents

Oh that's not the grossest thing that has been on my kitchen table! Actually very clean doe tarsals with an intact bladder with urine. Surgically removed. Killed a few nice bucks by using them. I would say that moldy bread would make me cringe more if I saw it on my table!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Special Golden Esterous. Break a twig off in your stand after you climb up and toss small pieces around the stand sight after a dip in the bottle. Where clean gloves before doing this. Good luck this year everyone coming fast!!

Conquest scents have worked wonders over every scent I've used. It's comes in a deodorant stick form. It can be pricey depending on which scent you choose to buy. I always buy the evercalm "yellow stick "which is purely a bedding scent. The advantage that I have scene is that scent seems to put the deer at ease while in the area of the scent. I've had many spooked deer or tail up and blowing run into the area with the scent and calm right down and begin foraging again. I think the success is in the simplicity, it simply smells like a deer. I use about half of a stick in a season and it still holds the smell for next season. I'd say for the price it worth it's weight in gold. I have not tried the estrus scent but I'm sure I works just as well

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm not big on gimmicks and I think anyone who try's conquest would be happy with the product. I believe the deer like due to how natural of smell it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

Can you freeze the glands and urine for the following year?

I have never tried.. I'm sure if you vacuum pack em that would be ok.

There are certainly lots of dead deer on the side of the road betcha no one would miss their tarsals, ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app Edited by Nautitroller