Lucky Enuff Sodus report 8/23

I am not derby fishing today, my son misses his gf so he went home with the family today. Now that he's 16 I guess I need to find some new fishing buddies. Lol

It's been an odd day. Perfect weather and enough bites to keep you alert, but they were hitting light this morning and at one point I was 0 for 7 with one very nice king lost in the prop wash.

Since Then I Picked Up Two steelhead and A small king. The screen has been terrific. Bites so far have been meat early, then flies and the last couple on spoons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139833-14403524368891_thumb.jpg

post-139833-14403524548988_thumb.jpg

post-139833-14403524672666_thumb.jpg

East wind kicked up and screen is a bit more bleak. Still bait, but not many hooks. Just when it begins to look promising, another bad wind shift.

Kings are making a fool of me, but there are enough fish to keep me alert. Picked up a brown on the 100 rigger when I poked into 115 fow.

post-139833-14403692761972_thumb.jpg

Doubled on majors as I was just starting to pull lines. Both popped off after nice runs on the wires. Just that kinda east wind light bite day here in Sodus. Can't remember loosing this many fish.

Thanks ! I had a blast by myself actually, even if it did cost me a few fish. I crank my music and nobody complains about my terrible singing. Lol. I am totally ready for my AC/DC concert on Wed !!

All in all I thought the fishing in Sodus was slow for kings, but they are there if you are willing to work for them. It sounds like the king fishing is better in Oz and Mexico but that's the way it should be this time of year.

It should get better quickly, and had it not blown out of the east this afternoon It might have been a blood bath.

Any day now !!