How to choose a charter service?

Hi everyone,

I live in western new York and all though I am an avid fisherman all my experience is in small lakes, rivers and such. I have a good buddy that I want to take on a salmon charter for his bachelor party. After scrolling through website after website of possible charter captains I am struggling with finding one for a fun successful trip. Any pointers or even suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mossyhorns

Reputation,  price,  dont be afraid to call and talk and see who you think sounds like they would suit your interest!   Boat size appropriate for your party.     Find one that guarantees fish.   

capt Joe 

I'd recommend calling a few and having a quick conversation.  For a bachelor party, you probably want a captain that is going to have a bit of fun :)  There's a good choice above and several other on the forum who are all great guys, but definitely call and make sure their personality meshes with yours. 

I appreciate everything so far, I want to expand a little on the subject though. First his wedding is Oct 4 and we are hopefully looking for a weekend day before that weekend, not sure how far out charters are already booked? Second we are a group of guys looking to have fun but we won't be drinking do to the groom recently in sober program. He is a good guy and felt he was drinking a bit to much lately. So a Capt. worried of over drinking would need not concern.I guess my main concern is if it's to late for a weekend that fits the time frame?

Thanks again for any input!

Jeff

I appreciate everything so far, I want to expand a little on the subject though. First his wedding is Oct 4 and we are hopefully looking for a weekend day before that weekend, not sure how far out charters are already booked? Second we are a group of guys looking to have fun but we won't be drinking do to the groom recently in sober program. He is a good guy and felt he was drinking a bit to much lately. So a Capt. worried of over drinking would need not concern.I guess my main concern is if it's to late for a weekend that fits the time frame?

Thanks again for any input!

Jeff

check you PM box

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app