Four wire diver rods on L.O.-is it worth it?

Playing around with this. Recent spread fishing 80-120fow for staging kings. Port side: high diver#3 out 170 with mag spoon, low diver#1.5 out 110 with F-fly, port outdown rigger down 60ft with F-fly. Chute Rigger with Mag spoon. Starboard side: high diver#3 out 180 with mag spoon,low diver !.5 with F-fly out 90, starboard rigger down 53ft with F-fly. Questions: could the outdown riggers with FF baits be to close the inside 1.5 divers with FF baits?? To much comotion to close together?? BTW all diver rods are 30lb 7 strand wire. Outdown riggerbooms are 5ft. Boat beam 8.5ft. Also running 10 color down chute. We got bites on all rods except port rigger,10 color and both starboard dipseys. We went 2 for 3 on mature kings this morning with many shakers. Our action was better then most we talked to this morning. Guess my general question is would we be better off thinning out our spread. Maybe run just 2 riggers,2 wire divers, and a 10 color down the chute??

pHigh diver#3 out170 with mag spoon,

The simple answer would be "More is not necessarily better" It may be exciting for some folks to try to get away with running extreme setups to see what they can "get away with" but the  main point to it all is to catch fish isn't it? Probably a case could be made for too much equipment down there in the same areas may spook the hell out of the fish. Yes it certainly can be done but is it worth messing with? Think about what things may look like down there with 4 or more dipseys and spinneys or flashers cranking around. It may work for some but would not be my first choice of a setup.

Edited by Sk8man

Some times less is more.... That being said I have run 4 wires off my 19' Lund and yes they have all caught fish .

Lately I've come to find 2 wires, 2 riggers (with fixed cheaters) and a copper down the chute

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I generally go with the same rigs as Steve's too but often with an additional leadcore or copper off a board to the outside.

Edited by Sk8man

Aside from being the most productive rods in the water for us for more than a decade, wire divers tell us so much more about what currents are doing as well, and create a harmonic that cannot be duplicated by any other presentation.   I would run down the dock in a thong before NOT running 4 wire divers (sometimes 6) at all times.   Spinnies and flies on all of them from June through September.

Playing around with this. Recent spread fishing 80-120fow for staging kings. Port side: high diver#3 out 170 with mag spoon, low diver#1.5 out 110 with F-fly, port outdown rigger down 60ft with F-fly. Chute Rigger with Mag spoon. Starboard side: high diver#3 out 180 with mag spoon,low diver !.5 with F-fly out 90, starboard rigger down 53ft with F-fly. Questions: could the outdown riggers with FF baits be to close the inside 1.5 divers with FF baits?? To much comotion to close together?? BTW all diver rods are 30lb 7 strand wire. Outdown riggerbooms are 5ft. Boat beam 8.5ft. Also running 10 color down chute. We got bites on all rods except port rigger,10 color and both starboard dipseys. We went 2 for 3 on mature kings this morning with many shakers. Our action was better then most we talked to this morning. Guess my general question is would we be better off thinning out our spread. Maybe run just 2 riggers,2 wire divers, and a 10 color down the chute??

I think you would have had just as many bites, or more, if you ran three riggers, two divers and a chute core or copper. Don't overthink it and more is NOT always better.

pHigh diver#3 out170 with mag spoon,

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I typically run 2 400 copper off Amish outfitter boards 2 down riggers and one 600 copper down the chute. i run usually mix it up with Flasher Fly and spoons, I usually run a bait rig down the chute on the 600 copper. if i had to say the riggers usually produce more fish but the 600 down the chute with the bait rig is the one that has caught the biggest fish. i do run inline TX44 boards when i am to lazy to set up the planer post in the boat but the fixed board work way beter especially when you load the up with heavy rigs like dipsies.

It do think there maybe some truth to spook the fish with to much action in the water. Looking back i think some of my most productive days out there were running 2 riggers and a 400/600 copper or 10 colors of lead core down the chute. I sometimes run a large Jplug down the chute.

All i can say is what works today may not tomorrow. keep changing it up every hour or so till you find the winner.