A-TOM-MIK Challenge fishing with the Kids.

Been lucky to have the pleasure of fishing the past three years with my friend Tom Wojslaw's Daughter Reeghan,and his son Noah and nephew Nate.I made a statement Saturday at the Fairhaven Challenge that fishing with the kids pays off big! It pays off more with the enjoyment we as adults get in sharing our passions for the sport we love! The smiles when they catch their first Salmon or biggest fish are priceless. Sure there are trophy's and some cash that they can enjoy but that's not the most important part. Thanks to Lester Zimmerman and A-Tom-Mik Tom and Steph, Beth, Werner, and all for making these tournaments happen. A few pictures of the kids and their fish and smiles attached:

post-139728-0-60874500-1440424386_thumb.jpg

post-139728-0-71179600-1440424416_thumb.jpg

post-139728-0-67840900-1440424448_thumb.jpg

post-139728-0-23746400-1440424471_thumb.jpg

post-139728-0-09037200-1440424542_thumb.jpg

post-139728-0-16913100-1440424810_thumb.jpg

Edited by troubles

The Youth on our team (Kyle) was the happiest kid ever when he was presented a plaque and trophy at the ceremony. It was awesome to see how happy he and all the other kids were.

What a great event. Can't wait for next year.

Thanks Rick, And your right Wayne,

Between all three tournaments I'm guessing there were probably 30 youngsters involved. Great response this year and hoping for more next year. Lester Zimmerman runs a separate tournament also for the Challenge and for $30 every year Trophies and cash are provided for the kids. Lester is on facebook and Kicker here on LOU. A lot more teams should try get in this next year!

I also can't wait till next year!

Edited by troubles

post-139754-14404524852764_thumb.jpgpost-139754-14404525605759_thumb.jpg

Team Seducktion has been all about our kids reeling in the fish. All three have won the coveted plaques from Lester over the years. It's tough to see them grow up so fast and have commitments like sports at school that prevent them from competing. Jordan is entering his senior year at HS and hasn't been fishing out west lately.

I can say that he has caught the fishing bug and does fish on his own with a classmate on the local ponds.

Glad you pass on the fishing bug like my dad did for me. I'm sure he will do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Brad

Edited by Nemesis

This whole bunch of guys and ladies deserve a 2 thumbs upðŸ‘👠I think it awesome when people take the time out of their busy schedule and put a lot of time and commitment into a event such as this!! Nothing makes me feel better than seeing a young child with a fish and a smile. Congrats to all that put forth so our future is educated on what it takes to make LakeO a world class fishery. Excellent job by all, thank you!! PAP.