Pretty cool stuff. Always a couple of special fish caught every year that we hear about on this site. That is definitely one of those fish, the kind you think about at night when you can't sleep or after days or weeks of tough fishing. Great job, would love to hear the story of the catch as well as what the angler chose to do with the fish.

Gambler, how old would that fish be?

I'm saying 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Upper Twenties to low thirty years old is my guess.  Ours was 27 years. 

<Seinfeld>  "Newbies!"  :)

I am trying hard to remember if I have ever seen a bigger laker than that I can't say that I have.  That is a beautiful fish.  I would have let it go....  No I wouldn't - headn straight for a wall.

Congratulations to the Captain and the "Newbies".

Now that's the togue of togues!! Biggest one I've seen.

WTG Bruce - I'd get the measurements if that's the biggest one you've ever put a client on and do a repro mount for your own collection.

Awesomeness,

Chris

Edited by momay4000

Thanks guys, it measured 41" long and the girth i do not know. I would guess at 28". Paul came and did his thing and i got ready for the next trip. It's cool to get a oddity like this fish verses a salmon of this size. What i like is that we all fish there from time to time and then something like this is still lurking around. You just never know when that rod goes off. By the way the salmon are starting to show up in the 100 to 150ft range along the shore, finally. Mobil was getting to be my best friend. What i would like to know is who doe's the replica mounts that is good?

Edited by brucehookedup

I've seen some slobs come out of Canadian lakes but nothing like this fish!!! What is the record weight for LakeO?? I would say pretty close, anyway congrats to all that made a dream come true for one lucky sole!!!