Bag lady, has "left the lake"

All those years of facing the big "O's" chalenges are finally, over! Doris and I wish the "best" ... to those we have shared the lake with.  it's been great... But, at 70, ...it's time to take on a new adventure. Alaska "road trip" ....Hummmm? Tight lines.

Best wishes to you and Doris. You'll be missed on the lake and at the camp. We had thought about Alaska this year (bucket list halibut)  but put it on the back burner until next year so we will have more time to plan.

• Like 1

Many years ago I was talked into two tone (grey/black) downrigger covers by Doris. Those covers have gone through Heck and back. Several squirrels built nests in them, but out of respect for Doris' craftsmanship they never even nibbled on them. They have blown off going down the road when I forgot to remove them and sat in a ditch for a week before I found the lost bugger. They are truly as functional now as when I bought them a bazillion years ago.

Doris, your legacy lives on...what will we do without you?

post-142093-0-50854800-1440899202_thumb.jpg

You two enjoy every minute of your new stomping grounds. We will miss you.

Enjoy the retirement from the water Earl!  It's only been in recent years that we have said hello to each other around the Point, but it was nice to meet you Sir!  At least you don't have to drive around the Point watching the big waves crash over the wall waiting to get out there anymore!! Hope you guys do the Alaska trip! - Mick

• 4 years later...

Doris,

Your legacy lives on. My local canvas guy loves your Bag Lady downrigger covers. They are still going strong after MANY years of use. Best purchase ever!

This post is dedicated to those who knew Doris and Earl when they ruled the lake for so many years...