Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 Aug 28 - Sep 7

No fishing for us today as we are headed to Canada for the day. Folks out there are just setting up, but finding colder water than the last few days with 50deg down 90.

Not to leave everyone empty handed, here is some video from yesterday's trip. Please excuse my language...

https://youtu.be/bF3aCoPgmpM

Nice video! Hey Nick, you might want to give your hits a good quick jerk to set the hook, especially on your rigger shots. The kings' jaws are so much harder now we give a pretty hard hook set to sink that barb in. Just food for thought, although I don't know if your rods can take the abuse! ;)

Thanks Steve! Two big females loaded with eggs. Rrred echip with an Atommik Hypnotist fly has been hot the last several outings taking multiple hits each trip - makes the staging kings hit out of aggression. Hopefully we can find that 34 lb'er we've been looking for by Next Monday!

Edited by Finders Keepers

A great day in Canada with the family shopping in Niagara-on-the-lake and hitting the icewine trails.

20150831_103818.jpg

20150831_154107.jpg

20150831_130538.jpg

20150831_120631.jpg

20150831_114853.jpg

On the way back, we stopped in Wilson at the Wilson Boathouse Restaurant. We miss not going to Wilson each spring, so it was nice to get back.

20150831_180635_4.jpg

20150831_182536.jpg

And of course, had to stop at Brownies for some parkerhouse ice cream!

20150831_190244.jpg

I was out yesterday from 130 to 7pm. East of Irondequoit, setup in 140 fow north to 500 and back. Never moved rod. Marked only a couple bait pods and only a couple hooks. Went 12 for 14 on Saturday. With a 11.6 steely to boot. Something happened between then and now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out yesterday from 130 to 7pm. East of Irondequoit, setup in 140 fow north to 500 and back. Never moved rod. Marked only a couple bait pods and only a couple hooks. Went 12 for 14 on Saturday. With a 11.6 steely to boot. Something happened between then and now.

It has been pretty slow inshore at Sodus for weeks now. I keep hoping it will pick up!

Hopefully they start setting up soon. They seemed to be going deep then coming shallow. Then back out deep. It's like they are confused. Lol. Been taking some dark ones in warmer waters so somethings about to give.