Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 Aug 28 - Sep 7

Some guys I know are hitting them hard in Mexico and Oswego.  Troll east maybe and fish where the fish are  ?  lol  Let's face it,  the Salmon, Genny, Oswego, and the Niagara rivers are going to draw the majority of the staging fish this time of year.

LOVE Sodus and proud to call it my new summer home away from home but it's as if the Salmon took the alternate route to their destination this season.  But.....only takes one so good luck this weekend !! Wish I was there.

We've been fishing the Salmon River area and while we haven't lit the place on fire, we have generated double digit bites each trip and 3 LOC fish so far - had a real nice box yesterday (28.14 LOC, 26, 22, 18 lb kings and 8, 12 lb coho) going 6 for 10. Hitting it one more time tomorrow to see if we can boat a Tyee this year! When targeting staging kings we use predominantly Rrrred echips with Hypnotist flies as the red color agitates them and they hit out of aggression. Coho's love this rig too so we usually will pick up a few of those in the mix as a bonus, especially when run higher in the water column. Some other rigs that can often produce hits: Chaquita boards with Packer flies, white with green dots boards with ultra green glow flies early, J-plugs, and bright colored mag spoons (mixed veggies, anti-freeze, Hawg Wild). Just some food for thought...

Get it Nick !!

Nice going Tim !!   If ya don't have a red skateboard pulling a green fly out in Aug/Sept. you aren't really fishing stagers lol.

I recall that being one of the first things I learned back when I had a seasonal slip in Oswego. Definitely a rig that gets a lot of water time and puts staging kings in the cooler !!!

Edited by Fishtails

We've been fishing the Salmon River area and while we haven't lit the place on fire, we have generated double digit bites each trip and 3 LOC fish so far - had a real nice box yesterday (28.14 LOC, 26, 22, 18 lb kings and 8, 12 lb coho) going 6 for 10. Hitting it one more time tomorrow to see if we can boat a Tyee this year! When targeting staging kings we use predominantly Rrrred echips with Hypnotist flies as the red color agitates them and they hit out of aggression. Coho's love this rig too so we usually will pick up a few of those in the mix as a bonus, especially when run higher in the water column. Some other rigs that can often produce hits: Chaquita boards with Packer flies, white with green dots boards with ultra green glow flies early, J-plugs, and bright colored mag spoons (mixed veggies, anti-freeze, Hawg Wild). Just some food for thought...

It's confirmed... I do not own a red anything haha

Nice fish Nick !! Great to see your Dad get some action. !

You have any 00 coho dodgers ? They work also this time of year. Just make the fly leader longer that you would for coho and use a full size green fly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish Nick !! Great to see your Dad get some action. !

You have any 00 coho dodgers ? They work also this time of year. Just make the fly leader longer that you would for coho and use a full size green fly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I thought I had a smaller one, but I can't find it. Put out a bloody death board and an orange spoon just to get something close.