Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 Aug 28 - Sep 7

Sounds like a fun day ! Bout time you fess up Nick, you're kinda digging the browns, aren't you. I expect I'll be seeing your boat inside a lot more next season. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

And just like that, the Ruff Rider season is likely over.

My family stopped by and wanted to go for a quick bay cruise. I had to dump our gut bucket anyways, so I said sure. There were a lot of people so I dumped off the swim platform and the guts must have gotten sucked in. Solid engine alarm and temp spike. Shut her down. Lifted the outdrive into trailer mode and forgot I had the kicker up, bent the ez steer bar badly. Hopped in the water to see if anything was lodged, couldnt find anything. Had Theresa lower the outdrive, wouldn't go. Took the ezsteer off, still no luck. Called Chaz (Indecisive) and he came and towed us in.

At dock, I was able to lower the outdrive halfway by standing on it. I'm guessing I may have bent an outdrive piston, but I will have to pull the boat tomorrow to get a better look. I did start the engine once I got the outdrive down and put it in gear for a minute, no alarm, so hopefully I can get it the 500yds to the ramp tomorrow to pull it and see what's going on.

Life is always an adventure. Again a huge thank you to Chaz for towing us back to dock tonight.

NCM_0494_1.jpg

Sorry to hear about the mishap. You guys are great nick. I'll buy you and Michelle dinner at dinosaur bbq, next time you're up. Great talking with you guys. Be safe and happy trails. Thanks for being a huge part of LOU.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nick

If it is a bent trim cylinder check with stern drive engineering for a new one

About half the cost of merc and have worked just as good for me 3 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks Roy. Jack is wondering if maybe our trim limiter got dorked up somehow with the pressure from the ezsteer bar. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Wow at least your back and safe... Came on 16 a 25' Trojan was out of power near catfish creek and also a life jacket (purple and black) was found and rescue peoe were looking around Leroy island.

We came into fairhaven and 2 boats were spot lighting around shoot and in little Sodus bay. Interesting evening to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hello folks from a Canadian on the North side of the Lake out of Bluffers. Just a quick response to this thread-great reading and very informative.

Secondly , without doubt it has been the worst year this side of the Lake in my 22 years of fishing. Only 11 fish weighed in over 30lb in the Salmon Hunt and very few 2/3 year olds have been caught . Certainly these class of fish have had some sort of disaster . The numbers are down -period over all year classes, as well as Bows.