I was out with my brother on I-Bay this weekend. He works with some guys who fish Sodus regularly. He told me they've been saying that it's been pretty tough for the eyes so far. Said they worked it hard, found a spot, found a technique, and they aint saying peep about it!! But in general, he tells me, it's been SLOWWW. He mentioned nothing about pike. Sorry I can't be more first hand but I thought I'd at least pass along what info has come around to me anyways.

I was wondering the same about the pike on sodus of late. Anyone with a report they can offer? Planning to head out there tomorrow afternoon/evening and not sure where to start - deep or shallow.

Since this will be my first time on the bay, any tips/techniques (trolling vs casting, FOW, hot spots etc) would be mucho appreciated

PM me if you don't want to give it up to all 8)

sounds like from some of the other threads that I-bay is heating up. I live a mile from there but always heard sodus is the key pike water so I'm going to give it a go :mrgreen: .

Sodus update

did go out there on Saturday. no takers on the pike around the islands, but we ended up trolling too slow because the motor was giving me fits, so TM only. did pick up one smallie that way though.

got caught in the storm and rough waves, and even casting didn't produce off of the usual points.

not quite sure where they were...not there or not biting.

Went out Monday and it was alittle windy :shock: The guy at the bait store said there doing good at the north end for pike so thats where we went. And nothing....lol Had one hook up trolling a silver Smithwick but got off at the boat. 6 hours of fishing and only 2 small lg.mouths.

Would have stayed longer but my engine didnt want to throttle up. Took just over an hour to get back to BayBridge Tackle where we launched. :roll: