otisco 8/28

justtracytrolling

Got out this morning from 630-1030 with matt bubba and Matt's son Dallas. I didnt have high expectations with what i heard from the last few days, but was pleasantly surprised to have a solid bite on the same pattern as 2 weeks ago. We went 3-4 on eyes 4 smb a low 30's tiger and had about 8 good shots that we couldnt stick. Fish were 23-27" and all came between 23-25 feet down over 50+ 2.5 to 2.8 GPS speed after 730am. Here is a pic of the biggest one a 7.5 pounder. Ill try to put up some more pics.

Wow nice job.  I have been blanked my last 3 trips out with 2 morning trips and a dusk trip this past monday.  Marked a ton of fish along the drop- offs along the East shore from 38'- 44' but haven't had a single hit trolling about 2.5- 3 mph gps speed.  Looks like sunday I'll have to push out a little deeper. One thing I do know about this lake is to be persistent even if you have a bunch of slow outings.  I am running a 6' leader of 15# fluoro- coated P Line off of braided main line but can't see the fish being line shy with the water being the color it is?  I was complaining about only smallmouths a few weeks ago and now would gladly hook up with them all morning long!

In my last 9 3-4 hour trips we have gotten at least 1 eye in 8 of them. Not that that is good fishing, but not bad for daylight here. Im running a lot more lines and have a lot of time in trolling Otisco.

Edited by justtracytrolling

Not so good this morning!!! I decided to fish 8-12 today as the bite picked up yesterday later in the morning, not to mention the fact we smoked a pork loin and drank beer all day yesterday into the night so we all were a bit happy to sleep in! It was all smallmouth bass today and none of em real big. It was slow enough and weed free enough we ran 15 lines without an eye. Tomorrow its back to an early start if we dont night fish tonight.