Eagle Creek report 8-28 and 29

To start, a sincere thank you for all those that post on this site as I have learned volumes from all of your posts this year.

Out of Eagle Creek Fri with a boat full of young boys new to lake O.  Fished 5:30 - noon.  Not many marks on screen but occasional.

Went 8-10.  5 kings from 10 -18#, 2 small steelies and a 14# brown.  42 degrees was down 120- 130 ft in 200FOW.  Fish all came from 200 - 300FOW.  

Bite was completely shared between meat bite and carbon 14 mag both off riggers in ice water.

On Saturday, back to our numbers from the day prior .  Fished 5:30 to 1 pm.  Went 6 - 14.  Lots of short hits and some came unbuttoned after quick fights.  Fish Sat cam all between 180 fow and 240 fow.    meat and carbon 14 again were the workhorses, but finger lakes war machine mag took two rips on 400 copper down the chute and one hit came on michigan stinger killer tangerine.  1 small brown, and the rest kings all 15# class.

Great days on the water.  Day of firsts for them( first king, first brown, and first lamprey sighting - that was entertaining)

I think we have some new fisherman that are now hooked for life!!!!

Thanks again to all and tight lines the rest of the season.

Good report! I was the little boat following you!! We caught two steelie's (both came off down rigger with white poka dot flasher white fly) and lost couple good ones. Need to get some better leaders so it doesn't happen again. It makes the fishing get expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Great job! Kids are always fun on a day with lots of action! Nothing beats a nice big squirming lamprey slithering around the deck though...either you got one that wants to put it in his pocket and take it home or ya need ear plugs from the screaming! :o:lol:

went out again with the kids on sunday.  Slow day but got the third kid an 8 # steelies so now that they all caught fish, mission complete.  All in all went 3 for 6 with 2 skippers.  

Our bite was spoon only with sea sick waddler doing all the work.

combat trolling to the west at oak was entertaining

all fish came between 85 to 120 dow this weekend.

Back up next weekend

Good luck to all