tough day out of hughes

Decided to try for the afternoon bite.  launched a little after nine and the plan was  to go deep but we stopped at about 120 to take a look and saw a couple breeches so decided to set.  well we didnt even have all the rods in the water and the dipsey took a big hit and the poleholder snapped and i watched my wire rig swim away.  I grabbed the rigger on that side hopeing and managed to hook the rod but could not move it and ended up breaking the lure off on that.  The rest of the day we got one skippy and a couple of no one homes.  fished from 115 all the way out to 300+ by the end of the day.  If anyone catches an accudepth combo with a twilly and 7 strand I would be very appreciative.  Hope others did well.  saw one king in the marina and saw a couple fish caught but overall pretty slow out there

I feel your pain . About 9 years ago I lost a rod on a mean dipsey hit , back when I was using plastic rod holds . Now I use bert's racket holders . I also have a solid o ring on rod with zip ties , then a small rope tied to the rail . Haven't lost a rod since .

it was a decent rod holder to it wasnt a name brand and i have been hoping to change it out for a trach system but havent had the budget yet it actully snapped the aluminum base right in half.  guess i got to catch a derby fish soon