My sub troll issue

salmonite

Ok so my speed is working at all depths but my temp does not work below 10 ft. The temp bounces all over the place from 7 to 70. I just started using the new klincher connection and its still not working. I changed batteries and also there are no nicks in the line. I have it wired into a fuse panel that is tied direct to a battery independent of my boats electrical system. This battery also operates my riggers. Also sometimes when I first turn it on the speed dials all the way up and I get a reading on my temp even though the probe is not hooked up yet this has made me think I still have a grounding issue

Things that I am thinking about

1 wire direct to battery

2 head unit is crap

3 just read that minerals can build up on probe and screw up the temp. Anyone hear about this?

4 buy a new rca cable?

Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by salmonite

That is strange because the unit doesnt turn on until probe goes in the water. All you should have is the decimal point on display. I would start be going over the electrical hook up first with particular attn. to grounding. From there move to antenna

Check your ground.  Black wire from engine block to battery.  Remove connection and clean.  Try cheap and easy 1st.  Also call Moor in Buffalo, they may have recommendations of why it is not working.

Up until this weekend mine was working fine and then became intermittent with being off/on while trolling. I too thought battery and replaced in probe with no difference. The next day probe wasn't hooked up and temp showed up twice on unit. I have pulled my boat for the year due to other issues but I'm looking at ground first. I'll be watching post to see if that helps you. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same thing happening on my Sub-Troll. I ended up finding the antenna spring which sends the signal to the head was not fully attached under the heat shrink.

I ended up replacing the entire antenna with the Scotty 1211 Contact Sleeve assembly and haven't had any odd or strange issues since. My readings from 150' down also improved and became more stable.

post-140953-0-18084400-1443305684_thumb.jpg