Cold water is at the bar too, but manageable.  Huge pile of weeds running north a couple miles East of the red can.  Unfortunately, the great piles of Kings setting up there the last two weeks were blown apart with the influx of cold water.  There were browns feeding on the surface.  Lakers caught on a standard dipsy out only 100'.  Kings were showing from 40' down to on the bottom.  Plenty of shakers also.  The picture is better inside 100" with the 75'- 85' band best.  Good luck.....sadly my season ended today with no Tyees caught this year.

Cold water is at the bar too, but manageable.  Huge pile of weeds running north a couple miles East of the red can.  Unfortunately, the great piles of Kings setting up there the last two weeks were blown apart with the influx of cold water.  There were browns feeding on the surface.  Lakers caught on a standard dipsy out only 100'.  Kings were showing from 40' down to on the bottom.  Plenty of shakers also.  The picture is better inside 100" with the 75'- 85' band best.  Good luck.....sadly my season ended today with no Tyees caught this year.

Gill why are you quitting already? It's just starting to get good. With the cooler mornings coming middle of the week, should turn these puppies on, NO?

If it was my choice I would fish year-round. September comes and house chores, dog work, hunting seasons.....can't do it all.

Trust me Gill I understand!! Got to keep the other half happy also. Be safe this winter and stay warm!! Look forward to your posts next year. Take care my friend, Mike (PAP)

Edited by pap

In my life I have never been on the bar this time of year and not had one other boat out there. The fishing was fantastic until the storm came in we boated 9 mature kings lost several others

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They don't spend much time in that hole.  THey shoot the river pretty quick.  You could try it but it will be hit or miss.  If you don't hit fish in front of the green can in the tail-out, then shoot out to the 50-70' depth and try the quickfish.  In the very least there will be Lakers out there to play with.

You could catch double digit wild salmon on the tail out of the deep hole on the Canadian side until they allowed jet boats to base their operations there and disturb the best spawning beds at the mouth of the Niagara River.  Even the town doesn't want you to fish there.  They passed a by-law that to fish there for free, you have to be a resident of Niagara-On-The-Lake.   Funny how money and politics and maybe a lack of knowledge or common sense can change the natural beauty of things.

Edited by RiggerRob