Has anybody been out on the bar lately?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished this morning from

The red can to 4 mile,went 3 for 5, 22 to 25#'s. Best water was 70 to 90, wire diver out 140 to

180 on a 2 with a purple chrome chip and green crinkle fly. One hit on meat down 75. A

ton of fish towards 4 mile. Tough to get them to go. East troll was best.

I was there today as well in a 196 Starcraft we had lots of Skippy and one small king. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Lake Ontario United mobile app[/quote

I've been fishing that area for the last 4 weeks. The fish are holding in river water, best

Down temps were 62 to 71, all fish were dark. It looks like they are working up the ledge.

Best flasher has been nuclear purple with a crushed glow tape on the face.

Tail gunning is running a lure 20 to 40 ft back, sometimes further, behind your normal set.

In this case, I'm running my probe rigger 50 ft down, in 65 degree water. The rigger above

This is 35 to 40 ft down, back about 40 ft. The theory is that after your primary set goes

By the fish, the lure set back further gives you another shot at them. This can help this

Time of year, when the fish tend to follow your set. Another reason is when the fish are

High in the water column, they can be spooky and this gets the lures away from the boat.

I've been running j plugs, Lyman's and mag spoons this way.