ny license fees

Just picked up the required licenses for my 17 year old son and myself for the upcoming hunting,trapping and fishing season. Grand total of $284. Same licenses in Alaska would cost us 174 as AK residents. Got to love NY. They wonder why participation is down.

Lifetime license is good for lifetime, no matter if you live in state or not. Best bang for the buck, but like has been said, that is still cheaper than other states.

Capt Rich

NY Guide Service

Lake Ontario Charters

Salmon River Drift Boat trips

Waterfowl Hunting.

Another benefit is that any lifetime license now carries a one time legacy allowance. This allows us to pass along the license to one of our kids/grandkids one time only. Maybe the one good thing our Gov. did for the sportsman of this state. Anyways good luck. I'm heading up to Selkirk shores in three weeks for our annual salmon fishing trip. Bring em boys. I'm starting to feel the fever. 

• I just looked it up. It only applies if the license holder passes away within 1 year of purchasing it. or if he passes while on active duty in military..  News to me. I was writing what I've heard from other guys. I guess it pays off to read the details and always check info for yourself.