Finally able to post my 3 days of lake O fishing.

Saturday headed straight out of bay set up roughly 26 line trolled north to 30 ish and back. Hit a handful of low to mid teen kings, 2-5 to 6# steelies. picked up and reset gear in 120 fow marks down low went 1/2 on browns dredging bottom w ff combos.

Sunday started between river and bay.at 150 hit 2 skips between 160-180 or so. kept on a north troll with mostly blank screens. turned at 400 and trolled west/sw towards braddocks . found a few low teens kings and a couple lakers between 220-150 or so. At 558 pm the 400 copper behind tx-44 planer/diver gets freight trained. bobber down and gone for minutes. Hard u turn of boat to not get spooled and to free spool reel to get board up. 15 min battle just to get the board in. hand rod to rod ninja and I throw out a drift bag to keep a slow troll.after one of the best battles i have ever seen i slip the net under our first real mature of 2015. the fight from beginning to end was 45 minutes. that was the longest 45 minutes ever. high fives and fist bumps and hooting and hollaring consumed the next few minutes. It was the 3 rd biggest king i had ever boated and thought he was pushing 30.... well not quite 27# and change! I was not sure my scale was right so i raced to mitchells to be sure. sadly that POS scale was right 27# and 3 oz. missed the board and big fish of the day but man what a memory for both of us. Rod ninja(nick) cant stop looking at the pix!

Monday back to reality! lumpy lake. my son josh getting nauseas. had a triple in same area. then a couple lakers and bagged it to spare son from barfing. came back out later afternoon out of river to a more whipped up lake. eventually set up trolled 1.5 hours and went 0/1 with a good rip on 240 dipsey.

best spoons carbon 14, watermelon, frostbite. ff bite is nearly nill for me.

post-152882-14411447077245_thumb.jpgpost-152882-14411447349494_thumb.jpgpost-152882-14411447796854_thumb.jpgpost-152882-14411448018929_thumb.jpg

That's awesome to see the grins on there faces. I believe we crossed paths a few times out there Saturday and Sunday. We will be out Thursday if the rain holds off and then this weekend for possibly the last trip of the season for me due to surgery next week.

That's an awesome fish Dan. This season has been a grind to say the least for a mature fish. But looking at the smile he probably forgot about all the hrs searching. I'll be back at this weekend and look forward to touching base with you

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's awesome to see the grins on there faces. I believe we crossed paths a few times out there Saturday and Sunday. We will be out Thursday if the rain holds off and then this weekend for possibly the last trip of the season for me due to surgery next week.

Sea IV ... Best of luck with your surgery! Yeah i will be wrapping up fishing for the most part after this weekend. get the PY winterized and stored and get the dust off the lund. I gotta keep knocking on doors to find a place to hunt too! good luck this weekend!

Dan

That's an awesome fish Dan. This season has been a grind to say the least for a mature fish. But looking at the smile he probably forgot about all the hrs searching. I'll be back at this weekend and look forward to touching base with you

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

His reaction and my reaction words almost cant describe! He was spent after fighting the fish which nearly swam under the boat and into rigger cables etc. I was exhausted from 45 minutes of praying and maintaining boat position, worrying about my 20# floro leader, my last knot, tangles, etc ya know all things that can lead to disaster. ..When i finally swung the net in and put that fish on the deck it was as if we won a million bucks! Cant wait till the next one just need a few more pounds on it!

Dan