Hey there .

I was considering going to oswego this weekend and ,was wondering if anyone is doing anything in that area?? Any help would be appreciated,so far mrs. wishinfishin is going with me and two of the kids. Salmon, lake trout , browns does not matter ,just

want the family to connect.

Thank you in advance.

It's spotty, but fish are being caught. Not by everyone and those catching have a good day followed by a bad day. Plenty of fish are "being marked" but it's far from easy as has been the case in other ports as well.  With that being said, it can turn on at any given moment and by the time you read the report it's over so ya gotta be out there and give it a go.

If your boat is up to it, adults are still being caught in 600 fow along with younger year classes and that water is easier to keep rods moving. The inside stuff of 150 and in will hold plenty of matures but they have been a tough bite for many and it's best very early. Once the sun comes up you really need to work hard on those inside fish and you may endure long periods without a hit but just keep changing stuff out and work it but don't leave them once you find them. 

Have fun !!

I got skunked 8/30 fishing 130 to 180 fow outside the break wall . Only saw a couple other hook ups while trolling with the fleet. Hardly marked anything all day. I would go deep. I talked to someone with more experience at wrights landing and they said they found the thermocline deeper than where I was fishing and they had a cooler full of fish. 

Last weekend, Rich, his cousin Drew and I made the journey north to fish Lake Ontario. Up until Wednesday, we’d intended on taking Rich’s boat. But, complications with the trailer breaks left us without a ride. Rich called Captain Bill of Lucky Dutchman Charters. We were staying at Bill’s Feeder Creek Lodge in Pulaski. He was booked, but said he’d make a few calls. Bill was able to set us up with Captain Andy of Broad Horizons Charters. We’d fish Friday afternoon 2 to dark, and 6 to 1 on Saturday. No problem, we’d cut our trip down from fishing parts of four days to a couple “½†day charters. Drew and I met up, and hit the road at 7 on Friday morning. By 12:30 we were chatting with Rich at the lodge. By 1, we’d checked in, and had our license in our pocket. We headed off to Oswego and Wrights Landing. We met up with Captain Andy, and headed out of the dock by about 2. Andy ran us out about 7-8 miles before setting up. He had our gear set between 90’ and 120’ in about 600’ of water. We marked a lot of bait, and several fish. Finally, about 3, we had a rod release off a dipsy. Drew was first up. By 3:20, we had our first king in the boat.
Lake%20O%20Vids%20001_zpsh0alueml.jpg

We kept seeing good sign on the Hummingbird, but it took another two hours for the next fish to be boated. Rich caught a 15# king that gave about a 12 minute fight. It also took out a portion of our set-up on his way to the net. As all that went down, a rigger went off, and I was able to land a small Coho. A double!
Lake%20Ontario%20067_zpszd6yoecd.jpg
We got all our gear squared away. About a half hour later, bam another double – a couple kings.
Lake%20Ontario%20068_zpskfskbkvg.jpg
By 6:30, we’d put our sixth fish in the boat. We fished another hour, but no fish. We finished the day about 10 miles straight out from the bay. The weather was about as nice as one could ask. The sunset was beautiful.
Lake%20Ontario%20011_zpswgoq5158.jpg
We had six fish in the box, and it was getting dark. Time to head in and get the fish cut up, grab a bite to eat, and head back to camp.
Lake%20Ontario%20045_zps9axudx56.jpg
We got back to camp about 11:30 Friday night. So, the 4:45 alarm was a rude awakening. But, the morning sunrise over Nine Mile Point was wonderful.
Lake%20Ontario%20046_zpssnmlvbwh.jpg
We had a rod fire at about 7:30. As I slid to the side of the boat, preparing for Andy to net the fish, the king flopped off the line. Duh, I must have given him some slack! Captain Andy worked his butt off all morning. We started out running cut bait in 120 fow. After a couple hours, we headed back out to yesterday’s spot. We ran a mixed program of flies, cut bait, and spoons. But, we still couldn’t find the hungry fish. One of Andy’s buddies suggested we come back to the pack (in close) to finish up the day.

Captain Andy, and the crew.
Lake%20Ontario%20025_zpsjnifrsbz.jpg
We went back to mostly cut bait. Andy went above and beyond the call to try and put at least one fish in the box. Finally, about 1:10, we had one on. Rich suggested we let Drew take this rod, as it was likely the last one of our trip. Drew did a fine job of wearing the fish down, and bringing him to the net.
Lake%20Ontario%20030_zpsvdy2b9is.jpg
We were off the water by about 2. Like I said, Captain Andy went above the call. After saying our goodbye’s we headed off to show Drew the Salmon River. We hit a few tackle shops, and did our part for the local economy. After our tour of the country side, we headed back to camp for a little dinner and conversation.
Lake%20Ontario%20076_zpswzlfqbmk.jpg
We had a great trip. Drew is recovering from major surgery he had just a couple months ago. He did a great job and really seemed to enjoy the experience. Rich and I have done this trip a couple times before, and knew what to expect. The folks at Feeder Creek Lodge, and Captain Andy from Broad Horizons Charters did not disappoint.

Great report Eddie. Andy is a good dude !  Your experience pretty much sums it up with the fishing right now  :yes: . Can't catch them if you don't go out and try. 

I wish I was on the water instead of working  :(

Eddie,it was great having you for those two days. It's great that Drew is making such a strong recovery also! He did great on the rod considering is surgery. You guys are welcome anytime and feel free to call if you haul your own boat. The sunrise shot is more impressive on here than it was that morning, you take better photos...

Andy

Hey Andy! Hope you had a good couple of days with your next group. I think we wore Drew out. He slept on the way home Sunday. We stopped by All Seasons on Saturday. I picked a couple meat market pro e-chips, and the spoons we were using. We told Rebecca you sent us over. You may hear from us come next spring. As long as it doesn't interfere with turkey season, I may make the trip. Good luck the rest of your season, and thanks again for a good trip.