Son's first Goose hunt!

Decided to hit a field last night for a few hours in the extreme heat! I told my 6 year old son that if he had a good first day of school I would let him come with us for his first Goose hunt. To say he was extatic would be an understatement. When I picked him up from school the 1st thing he asked was if he could still go. We rushed home got all are stuff together and off to the field we whent. It was very hot carrying everything 300 yrds across the field, but he never complained once. Helped set the decoys and camo his blind like a pro. I even let him bring his pellet gun (unloaded obviously) and a call so he didn't feel left out from the rest of us. We only managed to kill one Goose, but had a bunch of ducks work our spread here and there and had a bachelor group of 4 bucks come out and check us out a few different times. All that made it plenty of fun for all of us, with out even shooting our guns except for the one lone goose that set right in the decoys and got rolled! I can't wait to get him out there again, so much fun just watching the way a kid reacts for the first time in the field! Do your self a favor and take a kid hunting and fishing!

post-148213-14411956244219_thumb.jpgpost-148213-14411956374404_thumb.jpgpost-148213-14411956514329_thumb.jpgpost-148213-14411956646154_thumb.jpg

Edited by JakeyBaby

Congrats to your son's first goose hunt, it doesn't matter to them how many you get as long as he's with his #1 mentor. I commend you for taking the time and having the patients to take him along!! He will be telling his kids, "I remember the first time my dad took me goose hunting" just as we remember the first hunt with our dad or family. I'm a firm believer in families that hunt,fish and do the outdoors things together, stay together. Super job dad!!

Nice job with your son. My son never caught the hunting bug even though I took him often when he was young. However he still remembers our time together and we still try to spend time together sharing other interests. He does have a great appreciation for the outdoors. Short trips, snacks and action is what kids seem to like.

• 2 weeks later...