Let's go fishing! Port of Rochester... Hot!

Do you run them closer to the ball?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

45 to 65 usually works for me. Depending on depth of rigger. Shallow rigger, go longer. Deeper rigger, go shorter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Heading in.. not good for me this 3 day weekend. Good luck to all loc entry's. Congratulations to all winner's. I'll still be out as long as there's no ice, or the marina stops taking boat's out. Happy Fishing

post-148809-14416385779477_thumb.jpg

Definitely some tough fishing out there! we pulled stakes around 130p.. glad we did cuz the south winds started blowin about 1/3 of the way in. Amazing how fast conditions can change out there! did the inside/outside trip again. the bite right in front of genny pier heads was great for the first hour. then the sun came up and things shut down for me. we went 2/5 there and really wish we could have boated those we lost. i doubt they were loc worthy but u never know. one mag spoon came in with about a 60 degree bend in it which gets you thinking about what was on the other end. all mag spoon bite inside except one on j plug but was a small steelhead. we moved mid am and did some prospecting. ended up deep and boated a couple nice steelhead and 9-10# kings. went 4/4 out deep. Had to work for them for sure. I hope things improve over the next few years, guess i am paying my dues now! all rigger bite, all spoon, bad toad, artic ice, gator, C14 were the players today. Planning on hitting the pier heads a few times over the upcoming weeks just to experience that aspect of salmon fishing more.... otherwise i am done!

post-152882-1441661428114_thumb.jpgpost-152882-14416614750573_thumb.jpgpost-152882-14416614889557_thumb.jpg

Definitely some tough fishing out there! we pulled stakes around 130p.. glad we did cuz the south winds started blowin about 1/3 of the way in. Amazing how fast conditions can change out there! did the inside/outside trip again. the bite right in front of genny pier heads was great for the first hour. then the sun came up and things shut down for me. we went 2/5 there and really wish we could have boated those we lost. i doubt they were loc worthy but u never know. one mag spoon came in with about a 60 degree bend in it which gets you thinking about what was on the other end. all mag spoon bite inside except one on j plug but was a small steelhead. we moved mid am and did some prospecting. ended up deep and boated a couple nice steelhead and 9-10# kings. went 4/4 out deep. Had to work for them for sure. I hope things improve over the next few years, guess i am paying my dues now! all rigger bite, all spoon, bad toad, artic ice, gator, C14 were the players today. Planning on hitting the pier heads a few times over the upcoming weeks just to experience that aspect of salmon fishing more.... otherwise i am done!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1441661427.063145.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1441661473.990644.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1441661487.934741.jpg

No doubt a tough season. Thanks for all that you have shared. I now begin my witness of the marinas slowly emptied. Docks start to get quiet. Boats start to disappear. And then I'm the last boat around. Came in on April 3rd.. ghost town. I watched almost every boat show up. And I will watch them all leave. "Real em in" was the only boat in before me, only by 1 day but he beat me. I was the fisherman who found the RIT student floating 300 yards out in lake. Was at Shumway when the second body was found next to customs boat. I Was on the news. I got the gift of life July 1st, my newborn son,^_^. So a very active year with alot of memories. Another one for the books. Largest salmon this year was a 26.6lbs. 12lb steelhead. And a 9lb brown. Got skunked more this year than any other.

Thanks to everyone, Thanks to the wife for putting up with long hours and multiple days away from home. Love her support. Happy fishing to all and See You Out There. Great year.Thanks LOU.

post-148809-14416637793019_thumb.jpg

post-148809-14416637983997_thumb.jpg

post-148809-14416638177435_thumb.jpg

post-148809-14416638405992_thumb.jpg

post-148809-14416638990548_thumb.jpg

Sad start for sure! At least some peace was brought to the family for your discovery! The not knowing must be agonizing...

Hopefully your little guy will want to fish! I have 2 boys one luvs it and the other likes it but gets sea sick easily and is not a big fan of 12 hours days on the water.

They get old fast!

Congrats on your season.

Sad start for sure! At least some peace was brought to the family for your discovery! The not knowing must be agonizing...

Hopefully your little guy will want to fish! I have 2 boys one luvs it and the other likes it but gets sea sick easily and is not a big fan of 12 hours days on the water.

They get old fast!

Congrats on your season.

You too, yes hoping for a new fishing partner in few years. Have a safe winter, Will see you out there.

Great post and very touching family pic. Thanks for sharing your posts with us and hopefully we will all have a better year next year in the way of fishing.

Great post and very touching family pic. Thanks for sharing your posts with us and hopefully we will all have a better year next year in the way of fishing.

I enjoy sharing anything I can. I'm sure fishing will get better over the next couple years. Great spring bite this year. 16lb salmon was the largest for me in spring. All right in front of Ibay. Summer was ok had a few double digits in one day. Took 25 in just a 3 day weekend. Beginning of June. All in all can't complain. Great fishermen to communicate with. Great website to share. Thanks everyone. Thanks to Nick and Michelle from Ruff Rider. Thanks to Fx Troller for great communication. Sk8man thanks for staying tune in. I will be heavy on the reports next year.

I wondered why my wife kept asking me yesterday and this morning who Michelle was! 😨

Lol, have no clue why I said Michelle.

Yes I will be one of them in the battle grounds, once they stage. It's a addiction that I'm not seeking help for. Glad you guys will still be in the game. With the boat damage, I thought you were done. Glad it turned for the better. See You Out There.