Guest Speaker Dr. John Ferrell at Muskies Inc. Chapter 69 Sept 21st meeting

This meeting, like all our meetings, is open to the public

The meeting will be at 7:00 PM, on Monday, Sept 21st  at The Genesee Valley Henrietta Moose Lodge 2290, at 5375 West Henrietta Rd. Henrietta, NY. Click Here for directions.

We are pleased to be hosting guest speaker Dr. John Farrell who will be giving us a presentation on the latest research and management work that is being done by the St. Lawrence River Muskellunge Management Work Group. John is an Associate professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry and also Director of the Thousand Island Biological Station in Clayton, NY. He has been working for many years in Musky management and research on the St. Lawrence and will presenting all the latest information about the state of the musky fishery there. Below is a link to to a report that was published in 2010 which gives a good overview of the ongoing efforts of the group since about 1980 to help preserve the magnificent natural musky fishery of the St. Lawrence River.

http://www.esf.edu/tibs/Documents/SLR%20Muskellunge%20Management%20Plan%20III.pdf

I want to mention that a member of our Chapter Peter Levick, who is also President of Muskies Canada introduced me to Mr. Farrell and helped make this happen. Thank you very Much Pete!! This should be a very informative presentation.

Edited by muskiedreams

I was up at gananoque Muskies canada outting this wknd talked wit mr levick.great man to talk with....Also thanks to Zach & toothy for the lure raffle donations for Muskies canada-gananoque.Awesome baits Zach...foiled 10"ers!!i'll post some pics later.

Edited by solgrande