I-Bay Aug 31, Sept 1,2

Fishing actions in the past three days has been sporadic. We have managed to land the browns yet its the king we wanted. Cant choose when you are begging for a king! You have to be patient and keep on trying different lures and head in different directions. :rofl:

Monday, August 31.

East of I-Bay. Hot action was all about the brown trout. We fished40 to 60 FOW and landed four browns off riggers with spoons and cheaters. The leadcore was quiet.   My daughter managed to land 18# salmon on a 400' copper with purple mag spoon.  Later on, the lake trout took sushi fly off the riger parked 90 over 110 FOW.  After the quiet lull, we motored out to 400-500 FOW to find more  actions however the screen on the fish finder were void of bait and fish. I prefer to find out if there is any action at all instead of sitting on the sideline and wonder if the big boys were there.

post-140030-0-52035200-1441279800_thumb.jpg

Tuesday, Sept 1

Repeat of the day before with set up in 40-60 FOW. Best action for the browns were in 60-75 FOW. All took spoons. While my daughter was fighting the brown, with about 50 yards away, a huge king breached out of the water with lamprey eel attached to it. Only if we had a go pro mounted on the boat, it would have been spectacular sight.

post-140030-0-33794700-1441279815_thumb.jpg

Wednesday, Sept  2

I went out solo and managed to find brown trouts in 60 FOW. Nothing exciting except for the hot air and flies. Fished for few hours in the morning before I decided to head home to hit the pool.

Good luck fishing the derby.

Anthony