Shout out to Captain Mike Pastore of Rodmaster

On Tuesday, my boat was out of gas just right after I launched from mayers marina. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when this happened despite that your gas gauge showed you had enough fuel. I failed to listen to my instinct when I had a feeling I should have poured 10 gallons of gas just right before I took off.

We were about a quarter mile away from the port. I was with my daughter and it was only ten minutes before we found help. Lo and behold, Rodmaster charter boat came and quickly brought us to the Mayers.

Captain Pastore was very unselfish as he took his time away from the charter clients  and brought us to safety. I cringed when I realize that the captain who depends on charter for a living have to stop and give up his time to  ensure for our safety.

I am very grateful to get this type of help right away. The lake was flat calm and we were never in any danger.  Very fortunate for us.

Not too  long ago, I saw a father and son on a small boat just near the rocks on the jetty and I knew there was trouble when I saw the boy trying to put the boat oar on the rocks to prevent the boat from being smashed up.  Of course, I was quick to offer help and towed the boat back to the dock.

What comes around goes around. For our big pond we live in, we must keep our lake safe by helping out others in need. :yes: :yes: :yes:

I feel your pain Pike, I had an issue (blew the lower unit) ran the kicker to shore where we met the most generous man. If it wasn't for him I'm not sure what would of happened!! But you talk about what goes around, this man was in trouble with his boat once and 2 guys from PA. towed him a long way. To make a long story short, he said if he could help someone he would go the length the guys that helped him, just so happened we were those guys and to make matters even better we are from PA. He couldn't believe it when he asked where you guys from. The fishermen on LakeO really pull together when the chips are down. I'm glad you and your daughter are alright and lets all shed some light on those who help others out, it could be you that's in need of help next. A big thank you to Captian Pastore!!!

One of my biggest fears! Not so much breaking down but having to take time out of someone else's day to lend a helping hand. It will happen to everyone towed/towing if your out there long enough. Big water gets ugly fast and you just can't leave somebody a drift. Almost happen to me last weekend when canon balls got tangled. Thank god cables didn't get caught in the prop and I managed to get undone but for a moment I thought I might have to ruin someone's day!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was on the boat with my uncle (Mike) that day,   we were glad to help you out and get you and your daughter back to shore safely!    

we passed you at one point later and even saw you hooked up! good way to turn the day around!   pretty cool!  

I was on the boat with my uncle (Mike) that day, we were glad to help you out and get you and your daughter back to shore safely!

we passed you at one point later and even saw you hooked up! good way to turn the day around! pretty cool!

You have the best uncle! Thank you for taking your time to hekp us out! Very grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app