Left the launch about 8am and headed northeast, stoped at 80fow and checked temp. 45deg. at 60ft.

Set up two riggers, one with greendot spinny  and glow white fly set at 45ft. and a mag.spoon gold with green halo set at 60ft down. ran a seven color core down the chute with a mag.spoon.started setting up wire when the 60ft. rigger started screeming, wow first screemer this season, cleared the core and for what seemed like forever I got a look at the beast,he said good by and took another good run, I worked him back in to the back of the boat but I couldn't get him into the net,  he was whipped so I grabed the line and got him aginst the transom and pulled the net over his tail and got him in the boat. fishing solo is a ball.I couldn't weigh it but I had trouble holding it up for the picture

so I thank it was close to or over 30lbs.  I set the rigger up at 60ft. again and it took another hit,this time it was a nice brown, around 8-10lbs. I forgot the pic. of it. I have to brush up on my fish ID,it may have been a Atlantic.Both fish came in 75-80 fow down 60ft. The sun was getting hot so I quit around ten. I marked a lot of fish and had some come up and look at the lure. Great day on the lake. :rofl:

post-139738-0-47665100-1441334612_thumb.jpg

Great Fish - how on earth did you net him?   Haha, was he on the grill prior to the photo?  He looks a little charred

I use the cooler whem we go deer hunting for a week,Iput a grate in the bottom to keep the food out of the water when the ice melts, it is still in there. :lol:

I use the cooler whem we go deer hunting for a week,Iput a grate in the bottom to keep the food out of the water when the ice melts, it is still in there. :lol:

Haha. That's too funny. I was gonna say, it looked like you started grilling him, then decided to get a photo.

I can only imagine bringing that pig on board. Solo.. Congratulations.. That fish is why we do what we do. Nice job.. see you out there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I want to tell you it wasn't a pretty sight, I'm glad on one saw it. :P When I got him in close and saw how big he was I backed off the drag and let him wear him self out or I would never have landed him. The Good Lord must have been sitting up there laughing his butt off watching that show.

I want to tell you it wasn't a pretty sight, I'm glad on one saw it. :P When I got him in close and saw how big he was I backed off the drag and let him wear him self out or I would never have landed him. The Good Lord must have been sitting up there laughing his butt off watching that show.

Lol. Good move on the drag. I took note of that from your original post. Wisdom landed your fish. Now do it again but with a friend. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app