I'd be inside. 60 to 80 early and wouldn't get deeper than 150. Big kings aren't looking for bait or paying too much attention to temp right now.

Hitting more out of aggression than hunger. Staging up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had been telling a guy from work who grew up near Point Breeze to give me a call this weekend if he wanted to fish. He left me a call last night that he did. Was afraid to tell him how the fishing was. Got out before dawn - not near the boat out Sunday, let alone Saturday. Screen looked so - so in 40 to 50 feet. Set up half way between the pier and water plant with all glows - J-Plugs, Flasher, SD and Spoons and headed east. Made a pass turned around and made another. Saw no fish caught and had no hits. Headed out with boats on either side to 150 to 190 where we had "action" Saturday. Didn't mark a fish. Headed back in and felt sorry for my co worker. At 120 marked a huge bait pod, with no fish. Thank God near the ladders we had a rip on a glow green J plug - 60 down in 65 FOW. Decent 24 lb. dark king ( think the J was near bottom). It was close to 10 and since Bridget and I had to break camp, we packed it in. He was happy anyway. Three days inside and I didn't see any signs of a fish being caught - unreal.

Last night when picking up in the dark at 175 fow, the screen came alive with fish. All over the screen and appear to come from the depths below 150 feet. It was really awesome. There's fish out there, but it seems they are attached to the bottom in daylight. I was running my sounder on a zoom function at 100 to watch the level of my spread better and should have tried checking the bottom more in that range of water.

This was straight out in front of port 175 fow. It's like the fish are staging in the ice water and just not active until the sun goes down. Still couldn't get a hit on the last two riggers I pulled after dark.

I hope I didn't come across as being too pessimistic. Just posting what I observed and what happened.It's a great fishery. Somewhat frustrating after last Labor Day Weekend limiting out a couple days before 11:00 A.M. in that 40 to 80 foot range first thing. That's fishing. Sounds like fish were anywhere from 20 FOW to the 34 line. That's a lot of water to cover. Look forward to going out next week.

fished Saturday evening , only got 2 immatures ....sunday morning we caught a decent steelie and a coho inside in 56 fow 28 feet down in the ice water ...went to olcott sunday night same results 2 immatures in 60 fow 44 feet down ....I would say that the Friday Blow screwed things up ......time to but the salmon gear away for me and get the stripah gear back out

Trolling glo green J-Plugs this time of year, right out of port is a good bet for sure. Recall one morning setting up like that about 30 minutes before light just as we cleared the Oak wall. Before getting the the second rod out,had a king on. Wind was was whipping out of the south and we were in 200 FOW when we finally landed the dark king.

On the other hand at Sodus back in the 90's while we had been doing well with J's in 15 to 60 foot, it was the third weekend in September and with a charter out did nothing for 3 hours. Some friends called me on the radio to say right in front of port they were tearing them up, but at the channel markers in 500 FOW. Made the long trip out now at about 10:00 A.M. and caught fish after fish - steelhead and mature kings on spoons. Go figure.