My Fish Hawk doesn't work that great

Patriot

Bought a new X4D FH last winter and it doesn't seem to work that good. First it will read fine then the numbers are erratic. Probe temp reads fine then high then low and after it cycles it reads fine again. Same with probe speed and depth. Batteries ARE 100% fresh,

I had some issues with and 840 I got with the boat I bought. Customer service was very helpful and got back to me same day. They were happy to answer my questions and there answer was dead on correct. Best thing to do is contact them.

Edited by pvelyk

I purchased a fh x4d last July and right from the start it always had an erratic reading. I tried numerous adjustments until about a month ago when it completely stopped working. Probe was bad right from the start. Karen with fh had me do a test which seemed a little strange but very easily proved the probe was bad. If you wet your finger and put it across the two prongs on the front to activate the probe then press the top of the probe (next to where you would hook to cable, the small silver ring that's about the size of a nickel or so) against your jawbone you should feel a slight click or tingle in your throat. If you have a couple different people do that and nobody feels it the probe is most likely bad. Easy test to try to narrow it down.