Who else is getting the itch?

PeltHunter

Who else is getting the itch for whats coming in 27 days? Broke out the bow last week and have been tuning it in. Been reading a lot of deer forecast articles for the year and behavioral articles about whitetails to expand my knowledge. Today when I was supposed to be paying attention I found myself sketching out a map of my hunting area with major deer crossings and my new stands with arrows next to each one to map out which one to hunt regarding wind direction. I think its safe to say I'm getting antsy for the 1st.

Yes me too!!! Took the bow to get tuned up,putting stands out this week end,some trail pics two shooters if I have some better pics will post after the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I am past the itch now I am scratching away!!!! I am lucky to have a camp in stueben county so atleast I can still buck hunt the first two weeks. WTF I am gona have to stay out my lakeshore hunting properties to not pressure the bucks. I sacrifice buck quality for quality of the overall hunt while huntin down their, but well worth it!!!!!

Very fortunate to have a camp too in Allegany. Can't wait finally retired the old Browning Heat for new Martin and love it.Alot of deer on cams and bears too.

You guys seeing acorns? It looks like a decent mast this year and the apples are rocking too. An early doe is in order all the tags came through.

post-143447-0-39473400-1441875947_thumb.jpg

Edited by trouthunter9

We have had our cameras out and I have been preparing myself with 30 arrows a night at varying yardages.  I am looking forward to maybe getting a chance at some nice deer.  I have to get out and scout a little in the area I saw a monster last year. Only 1 stand left to hang all my others are in same spots for the last 6 or 7 years those I just need to check straps and tree steps.  Unfortunately some scum bag stole one of my stands and cameras on our private property so I will have an eye out for that SOB.

We have had our cameras out and I have been preparing myself with 30 arrows a night at varying yardages.  I am looking forward to maybe getting a chance at some nice deer.  I have to get out and scout a little in the area I saw a monster last year. Only 1 stand left to hang all my others are in same spots for the last 6 or 7 years those I just need to check straps and tree steps.  Unfortunately some scum bag stole one of my stands and cameras on our private property so I will have an eye out for that SOB.

That sucks scumbags are out there. Had stuff stolen years ago.Hang a couple cams well hidden or tape them up with leaves and cover . try to get pics of the scum bags..works

For sure starting to get fired up for 10/1..Now that the 90 degree heat is gone..Working outside in it does not lend itself well to thinking about hunting. Acorns galore at our southern tier camp also..Good luck to all..And please remember to tie in from the ground up,for those hunting in stands.

Yes there are tons, means the ticks next year should be less abundant.

Can't wait to hear that crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch!