Long overdue introduction

Todd in NY

I joined the forum back in 2008 when I was researching river fishing for salmon and trout. But my life in the Army kept me from doing much fishing or hunting back then, and my only boat at the time was a canoe, which served me well until I sold it this summer. I replaced my canoe with a 1974 Sea Nymph 14A, which is a 13' 6" V-hull aluminum row boat. I power it with a 1996 3.3hp Evinrude 2 stroke outboard with an internal fuel tank. This summer I also bought a 1987 Sea Nymph (aluminum center console) Striper cc191 (19ft) with a 90hp Evinrude VRO outboard, so it's been an exciting year of fishing with my 2 "new" boats. My cc191 also has a 1992 15hp Evinrude outboard for trolling Lake Ontario and a 70 pound thrust 24v trolling motor for bass fishing.

I've been boating for over 30 years and fishing for over 40 years. I fished the gulf of Mexico near Galveston, TX for 7 years, mostly offshore, and nearly 300 fishing trips. I have trolled Lake Michigan back in the mid 1980's, fished all kinds of lakes and rivers from Texas to Illinois and many points east. Now I regularly fish our local river and lakes in northern NY and Lake Ontario. All these years and types of fishing and I still have a LOT to learn.

The name of my little boat is "Rock Bottom", because it's a stripped down basic fishing beast. The name of my 19 footer is "Fishology" because catching fish is a science, and every time I hit the water I learn something new. Happy to be here!

post-142578-0-12380600-1441420518_thumb.jpg

post-142578-0-58142700-1441420591_thumb.jpg

First things first, thank you for your service buy keeping our country the best in the world!!! Second welcome to LOU, the best fishing site of the northern lakes. Lots of well seasoned guys willing to help out. Make the best of your ride, and be safe!!