Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

how can they expect anybody to shoot does this early ? I watched 2 fawns nurse off their mother yesterday evening. this state is just f---ed up

Yup I didn't shoot a doe this past weekend because of it.

Sent from my thinking chair...

how can they expect anybody to shoot does this early ? I watched 2 fawns nurse off their mother yesterday evening. this state is just f---ed up

I won't shoot a doe with any fawns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Piebald deer are bigger this year,last year a button buck and a 5 pt

6gix69.jpg

6dre60.jpg

wsvhwy.jpg

28l6h49.jpg

e9dff4.jpg

Sweet pics.

Dan - do you have pics of these same deer last year when they were a button and five point? Sounds like tremendous antler growth in one year!!

Thanks,

Chris

Chris yes here are the pictures from last year

2ljjdk7.jpg

30nkfo9.jpg

21eqole.jpg

Man - really cool stuff! This post is such an important testament to LETTING THE LITTLE GUYS WALK and practicing QDM if possible. Amazing growth on the 2.5 yr. and 1.5 yr old!! I know guys get bent out of shape when discussing deer management and certainly it's their right to harvest what they want for the soup pot, but boy this is a great example of what you can really do when you manage your harvest.

Thanks for sharing Dan - one of my favorite posts!

Chris

Man - really cool stuff! This post is such an important testament to LETTING THE LITTLE GUYS WALK and practicing QDM if possible. Amazing growth on the 2.5 yr. and 1.5 yr old!! I know guys get bent out of shape when discussing deer management and certainly it's their right to harvest what they want for the soup pot, but boy this is a great example of what you can really do when you manage your harvest.

Thanks for sharing Dan - one of my favorite posts!

Chris

Chris you are 100% correct. I have been chastised for saying this deer or that deer grew 20+" in one year giving the area has all the right variables. I believe what I see and this is just a testament to QDM. Too bad more people don't get the big picture.

Best part about those pictures is there is no arguing it! haha

Edited by Chas0218

QDM works! Hunted Cayuga Thompkins co-op when they did it for a four year period,saw a lot more bucks and a lot of bigger bucks,same in Missouri when I bow hunted a 5 day trip,would see about 30 bucks and usually 3-5 shooters 120 to 170!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I will be the first to admit that with the new "antlerless rule" in effect, it makes it very hard to justify heading to the woods. I hunt hard from day 1 of the season right up to the bitter end but I cant get myself to do it. Not that i dont or wont shoot does but because i dont want to blow up my best stands. Now I do have some secondary spots that i hunt, so i have done some hunting but the thought of even going into my best spots isnt going to happen. I dont think i need to say this but i am not a fan of this new law. Another week and its game on but until then i guess im headed to the southern tier.

I'm with you Rob! Not only for that, but it's much to warm overall for me to even want to shoot a doe. Also, if for some reason the buck of my lifetime walk 15 yrds broadside, I will be honest by saying I'm not sure what I would do!! And people can tell you they would or wouldn't shoot, but until you are put in that situation there is no answer what would go down!

My taxidermist friend called 2 days ago to tell me he got a buck in from 8A. deer died near someones yard and DEC officer was called. Guy got to keep his deer and received a $25 fine thats it!.....you can't bank on all game wardens being so kind so proceed at your own risk

That is wrong. The DEC should have keep deer and fined more. About 5yrs ago a caught a couple of guys who shot a trophy on my property. DEC was called showed up. If I keep the deer no charges could be filed. If he keep it they could file charges. Which is what happened. Guess what he got a warning. I was pissed. Rob the area you hunt is just east of where I hunt. We try and do QDM. Some neighbors shoot what ever. There are some real giants out there. 160-170 is not out of the question.

post-148187-0-73904100-1444410936_thumb.jpgpost-148187-0-31480600-1444410901_thumb.jpg