Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Don't know whether to cry, puke, maybe both. Just passed 3 small 8s and about a 130" 8 all at 15 yards. I grunt 15 minutes after they pass and an easy 140 10 or 12 walks up coming right to the trail they all went down. He looks up past me and one of the smaller bucks chases the does back past and he leaves. As I'm typing that part he comes back after I hit the rattle bag. He comes up the trail that's gonna bring him to 15 yards then turns and goes back to where the trail splits and goes the other way. I was full draw waiting for about 15 steps for him to receive a rage in his cage as they say.

Another disappointing morning with no deer sighted from my stand,bumped one near stand coming in picture verified it was a single lone doe.Thought it would be better as it was cold and even a few flurries in the air.

No fret as it's still early on the game and unfortunately due to wind direction I've been limited to this one set.

Deer are moving well at night have pictures of 5 different buck from last night mostly small guys but a decent buck showed up I hadn't seen yet

Back at it this afternoon

25tg6js.jpg

288nyia.jpg

You should do none of the above,that's a great morning and close encounter,you didn't miss,wound or spook him so call it good!

I could have shot him at like 25 yards but figured if 25 is easy when he comes to 15 it'll be even easier. It was an awesome morning overall. 2 maybe 3 shooters probably 15 does and 6 bucks all together and now I know what one I want this year. I always have close encounters on Sunday's which leads to my drop in class attendance during late October and early November. Edited by PeltHunter

First time out last night, let young bucks walk and whacked a very big doe. It only went 100 yds, but I've NEVER been on my belly to get to a deer. Needless to say even with my nephew and bro in law, we didn't get it up to the trucks till 10pm. I did my part in harvesting a doe in 8A and it wasn't in its stupid "doe only" season.

silverfoxcharters.net

Just got in from the stand. Saw 8 total all doe with little ones and heard a young buck grunting up a storm. Also saw nice looking yote at about 60yards,tried calling him in with a kissing sound but no luck.

First time out last night, let young bucks walk and whacked a very big doe. It only went 100 yds, but I've NEVER been on my belly to get to a deer. Needless to say even with my nephew and bro in law, we didn't get it up to the trucks till 10pm. I did my part in harvesting a doe in 8A and it wasn't in its stupid "doe only" season.

silverfoxcharters.net

WTG Scott. Congrats on the harvest and the discipline on the tracking job!!

Chris

Hunting in 8h and the bucks are now chasing the does. We didn't hunt during the doe only period because we knew we couldn't hold back on a buck. Now we don't want to shoot a doe because of what might be following. So my thoughts are that the DEC move was a big fail. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hunting in 8h and the bucks are now chasing the does. We didn't hunt during the doe only period because we knew we couldn't hold back on a buck. Now we don't want to shoot a doe because of what might be following. So my thoughts are that the DEC move was a big fail. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's the way I see it but it will only hurt us if we don't fill our doe tags at some point.

Next step is early muzzleloader doe only OCT 1st

I suggest everyone fill and call in your doe tags 

I've even heard whispers about guys calling in the doe tags regardless if they are filled or not...I don't agree or disagree with this tactic.To me it's a moot point because I always harvest my share of doe

I also firmly believe that the deer population is very healthy and doesn't need this holocaust the DEC is trying to facilitate