Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Pretty quiet morning with just a single visitor to the stand. I did see a couple of scrapes on the walk out though.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah, slow for me too. I had a spike under the stand for half an hour, then a six walk by on the trail, and two doe just as I was ready to leave. I pulled all the SD cards and they each had pics of scrubs on them, but no giants. A couple of eights that looked decent, but still nocturnal. There was one four point with balls hanging down to his knees though  :rofl:  ...it must be close. 

Some early action from the afternoon sit. Small doe feeding in the field and I just had a 3pt sneak by me. Hopefully they are moving after the rain today. I also saw 5 scrapes on the hike in.

post-139598-14457194741918_thumb.jpg

Nice bruin!

I passed on a nine last night, it was the only deer I saw. He came in perfect with the wind and offered a quartering away shot at 10 yards. I actually drew on him, but got to thinking that it's early in the season, and given his mass, if he'd have been a six, would I have shot him? No. Okay, there was my answer. So I let down and he walked away sniffing at the ground in search mode.

I have an awesome nine with a full third coming off his right side that I'd like a crack at, though. Let him step in front like that.. ;)

Almost three seasons ago I found this rub on a telephone pole size tree and an amazing spot that needed a stand. Well I finally hung a stand in the spot and tonight will be the first sit in this new set.

post-139598-14458047736059_thumb.jpg

post-139598-14458047860269_thumb.jpg

Almost three seasons ago I found this rub on a telephone pole size tree and an amazing spot that needed a stand. Well I finally hung a stand in the spot and tonight will be the first sit in this new set.

Another one right behind it too. Nice!