Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Yeah im an 8g guy. I do all day sit mainly cause my hunting property is 45mins from my house so instead of burning all that gas going back and forth i just stay all day

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

OK finally home deer hung and Mets on the tube!

The story

I have gopro footage downloading unfortunately the camera was turned on my head so not the great footage I hoped for but you get the story

Got back in my stand at 3:45 I almost didn't hunt as the wind was forecast WNW but the terrain dose wacky stuff so I went. I was right and the wind was hitting my stand straight N in my face and not into the thickets,had it been as forecast this deer would have winded me.

No movement at all besides squirrels. Then at about 5:40 I saw a doe to my east about 150 yds away.She was all alone and just feeding.I watched her for a few minutes and then I hear sticks breaking in the thickets to the west. Two doe pop out and scramble towards me,and then the buck steps out. Game on the doe are heading right where I want but I need to stand to shoot to my right. The doe stops right in my shooting lane and starts looking my way. I think don't do this keep walking. After a few nervous seconds she heads back into the thickets and the buck starts to come.As his view is covered by some foliage I stand. He stops and is behind a tree and I draw. He continues on the doe's path and just before the hole I have to shoot through he stops and looks at me,and looks and looks! I was at full draw for nearly a minute.I just kept thinking hold back hard and don;t move and PLEASE keep coming finally he commits and heads towards the doe. Two steps and he's in my window and I release true. He bolts into the thicket and then silence. For some reason my luminock didn't light up but it was still early with plenty of light so I saw my arrow impact,a center punch. I only waited about 5 minutes and got down to look for my arrow and sign. I lound hair and blood right off and then the arrow with fletchings covered in bright red blood. I knew the out come so I got right on the trail followed the blood through the thickets and 60 yards later I had my hands on him!

He dressed out at 170 lbs on the nose

A few more pictures...

His final walk(passed right by one of my cameras)

5vxgsj.jpg

2qmn1hz.jpg

2n7fd4h.jpg

2hygc9e.jpg

15fhdg9.jpg

Its defiantly primetime in monroe county. Harvested my biggest buck to date. 150 class ten pt. Field dressed at 194 lbs. Lured email in with some esterous beats an grunts. Called in 2 small buc yestetday afternon an they literly came runnin in. Budy on way over to hang his first bow buck to. Bout to head out an have a cup of coffee wit my buck!! Wil post pics wen I figure out how to do so. Good luck to all in the field!!