Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Here's a question for u guys. Does anybody shoot a drop away rest? If so, what kind, and how does it perform from a hunting stand point? ( keeping the arrow secure while drawing, hanging on the hook, or holding it) I've been using the whisker biscuit for awhile now but thinking of changing for a new bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I went to the QAD this year and love it. I have also used the trophy ridge revolution, I never had a problem with it but some people have. Definitely not the quality off the QAD though but not the cost either. Both rests have arrow containment so it can fall off.

I also shoot a QAD Ultra HDX fall away rest and absolutely love it

I have an Apex five pin sight but one week ago (right before shooting my buck mind you) I removed four out of the five pins and made my own "single pin" sight.

I will never go back to a Whisker Bisquit or multiple pin sight ever again. A single pin sight is fantastic - Keep it simple.

Good luck boys,

Chris

Edited by momay4000

I also shoot a QAD Ultra HDX fall away rest and absolutely love it

I have an Apex five pin sight but one week ago (right before shooting my buck mind you) I removed four out of the five pins and made my own "single pin" sight.

I will never go back to a Whisker Bisquit or multiple pin sight ever again. A single pin sight is fantastic - Keep it simple.

Good luck boys,

Chris

Yup, I use one pin. I know at 30 yds I need to start putting higher on the body.

silverfoxcharters.net

well almost woosed out this morn.but i forced myself out,, i shimmied up the tree and when it was good light i made a trailing grunt call ,put the call down and noticed i shoud have a arrow on the rest so with bow in hand ,bald eagle....short for ohmygodanothershortfatbaldone... i get ready and after 20 min he comes from my left ears pinned back and lookin for who is chasin his girls ..stoped for a perfect 37 yd shot but knowing i would miss him he decided to come closer so i let it rip at 22 yds or so ,sounded good but he just turned and walked away. it was outa line of sight at 45 yds and i came unglued,hada hand the bow so i could hold on with 2 hands as i sat there shaking.it was a single line of blood for 60 yds then nuttin but a couple drops so i looks up an d 10 yds away he waited for me...Its my best ny buck about a 145in  (with a bow)  yes all those days of wind rain and snow paid off in record heat...not the biggest we have seen on property but thats why they make guns....im happy...

post-139681-0-92842200-1446687701_thumb.jpg

post-139681-0-24540700-1446687756_thumb.jpg

post-139681-0-67324300-1446687805_thumb.jpg

well almost woosed out this morn.but i forced myself out,, i shimmied up the tree and when it was good light i made a trailing grunt call ,put the call down and noticed i shoud have a arrow on the rest so with bow in hand ,bald eagle....short for ohmygodanothershortfatbaldone... i get ready and after 20 min he comes from my left ears pinned back and lookin for who is chasin his girls ..stoped for a perfect 37 yd shot but knowing i would miss him he decided to come closer so i let it rip at 22 yds or so ,sounded good but he just turned and walked away. it was outa line of sight at 45 yds and i came unglued,hada hand the bow so i could hold on with 2 hands as i sat there shaking.it was a single line of blood for 60 yds then nuttin but a couple drops so i looks up an d 10 yds away he waited for me...Its my best ny buck about a 145in  (with a bow)  yes all those days of wind rain and snow paid off in record heat...not the biggest we have seen on property but thats why they make guns....im happy...

post-139681-0-92842200-1446687701_thumb.jpg

post-139681-0-24540700-1446687756_thumb.jpg

post-139681-0-67324300-1446687805_thumb.jpg