Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

When I got out of my stand to start checking SD cards, there was a good one seventy yards away on the mowed trail. Headed my way? Not after he saw me step out of the thick stuff  :rofl:

Ah, well. My buddy shot a "management" buck on our property this morning...he's gone during gun season and just wanted one for the freezer.

I was with another friend I hunt with on his land last night and he had a breeding nucleus come by him. It was his first time seeing one and he had no clue what to do with bucks and doe running all over the place. Just about crapped himself. I told him, "this is why we hunt the rut". He all gung-ho to get out tonight now. Looks like we have another convert.

After seeing the pic of the monster in front of my stand yesterday, I hopped back in there this morning. My son had action as soon as he climbed up, with a big buck (maybe the guy from the camera) chasing little bucks out of the brush behind him. He said he could hear him grunting and snort/wheezing. As the sun started to come up I did a series of trailing grunts and immediately had one crashing around in front of me. He came out about 70 yds away and headed straight at me with the hair on his back standing straight up and head low. I knew by his body he was mature so I started to draw. He caught me at half draw and looked at me through the branches. After 20 seconds or so, he turned broadside and started heading out in front of me. Once he turned his head I came to full draw and settled the pin on him and there was one branch in the way. Had to get on my toes and that gave me just enough room. THWACK!!! He took off back to where he came and stopped at the edge of the woods. He did a little stumble, fell over and died right there, 40 yds from impact. The Muzzy took off the top of his heart. And jellied both his lungs. A nice wide 10 point with split brow tines. He dressed at 219 lbs.post-149813-1447004037795_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14470041370459_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14470041691096_thumb.jpgpost-149813-1447004240693_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14470042739335_thumb.jpgpost-149813-1447004328224_thumb.jpg

That's a Yamaha Grizzly 700. What a tank!!

post-149813-14470044456925_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys. Good luck to everyone out tonight. I'm taking a break, watching some football and having a few cold ones. My son is out with his Papa and already having action. Hoping he connects tonight. He has learned how to let small bucks pass this year and hoping he gets a nice one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United