Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

The future of my property taken on video this morning....lol.

This was just one little video snippet of one my hunts over the past few weeks. I was blessed to harvest a nice ten pointer and see countless deer over the past few weeks. Good luck to all and congrats to those that have harvested many a nice buck and doe this year. Thanks to all of you that posted in this link.

Chris

Edited by momay4000

There must have been a Caribbean special yesterday, because all the young bucks were on the cruise  :lol:

Okay, that was just wrong.

Both guys I hunted with yesterday took management bucks, and my buddy's customer who was hunting with him took one, as well. All three deer were sixes. I got to hold a class on field-dressing! Good times.

Now, back to looking for Mr. Big. If I'm lucky I'll get a chance at a beast like Chris's.

Edited by Gator

Probably should of hunted this morning. Seems like I'm missing a perfect morning put there. to my surprise, on the drive into work, I didn't see any dead deer on the road. Not one on the parkway or 390. Not one. Seems crazy.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

so i did the unthinkable yesterday.  I got a new job this year so i dont have a lot of time for bow hunting due to using what little vacation i had for salmon tournaments this summer.  I have spent the past couple of weekends doing all day sits and having basically nothing to show for it.  I had a good morning last week where i saw a few deer but besides that my money spot has been extremely slow.  Saturday i missed a doe at 37 yrds shot right over her back.  Sunday was a perfect morning and the deer were up on their feet.  I had bucks chasing does all around me all morning.  Before i left my lady asked be to bring her a deer home cause the freezer was empty besides lots of salmon.  lol  Everytime a doe would start coming into range a smaller buck would come up and chase her off.  At around 10 am i had a 5 point come thru at 15 yrds and i pounded him.  Not a trophy buy any means but will eat good. Hopefully gun season is better for me as far as seeing deer goes.  My land was logged this year and it seems to have moved the deer out of the area. 

X2 on the true talker, When they stoped making the original I had to raid the kids toy box of them all. I use to purchase a new one every year. Only got 3 left. I have 2 of the second generation, but it aint the original. My buck this year fell for the true talker and 70 percent of my bow harvests have also. I have called in mature deer on the first day and the last day of season with that call. I also carry a primos buck roar in case I have to amp it up, and of course the original can. Each call has its time and place.  That a tank king slammin, congrats

Edited by bettieanne

BIG Buck King Slammin...wow....and Congrats momay and nice video.

Thanks. Are u the choo-choo from the Oneida Lake Diehards on ice shanty? I started ice fishing there last year and LOVE it. 2 1/2 hr ride but il be there every weekend in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United