Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Did some calling last night with the foxpro I blew it on a double I smacked this one on my right side at 100yd then looked to my left and had one running straight at the caller . 20yds i got him to stop then shot right over him .  fox fever!   Did a few more sets with a possible yote sighting .  .  had deer walk up to us while we were playing coyote howls they didn’t seem phased by us at all .

post-140972-0-50034600-1447184414_thumb.jpg

Did some calling last night with the foxpro I blew it on a double I smacked this one on my right side at 100yd then looked to my left and had one running straight at the caller . 20yds i got him to stop then shot right over him .  fox fever!   Did a few more sets with a possible yote sighting .  .  had deer walk up to us while we were playing coyote howls they didn’t seem phased by us at all .

attachicon.giffox.jpg

Good stuff!

11 yr old grandson got this one with a crossbow yesterday. First one with a bow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps you are not hunting NY, but:

1.) Junior hunting in NY is limited to hunters at least 12 years of age if accompanied by an adult hunter

2.) Crossbow hunters are supposed to be at least 14 years or older

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd be cautious posting something like this on social media.

Chris

Yup its supposed to turn to SW by 10 ish. When I went to bed last night they said SE this morning till 10-11. Luckily I made it to the different stand then I anticipated hunting this morning in time. 2 deer lurking in the dark but never saw them. Love these drury mornings

Happy veterans day to people who served and to people who don't have to work!!! Yesterday is the first time this season I opened a bottle of tinks and I doctored up a few scrapes knowing I would be in for pulling an all dayer if need be. Had 5 turkeys roosted above my stand, outside that it looks like a nice rutty day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey guys sorry been away for 10 days in the Midwest, but I got this big guy in 9h Wyoming county on October 25th in the morning. He was with a doe and grunting. He dressed out at 220 lbs!!! Also after I found him due a less than marginal shot I grabbed my son and did a tracking session and let him find him! Here are some pics of the day!
post-140411-14472493561856_thumb.jpg
post-140411-14472494706411_thumb.jpg

Also the processor said he had over two inches of fat surrounding his whole body

Edited by salmonite

Hey guys sorry been away for 10 days in the Midwest, but I got this big guy in 9h Wyoming county on October 25th in the morning. He was with a doe and grunting. He dressed out at 220 lbs!!! Also after I found him due a less than marginal shot I grabbed my son and did a tracking session and let him find him! Here are some pics of the day!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1447249352.023911.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1447249465.446335.jpg

Also the processor said he had over two inches of fat surrounding his whole body

Now that is a stud!!!

WTG buddy

4 hrs of day light and deer to be seen. Might get dwn shortly and put a little boot time in and try and locate where the hell these deer are

. Although walking around during season is against my religion!

Edited by JakeyBaby

I got down at 10 to grab a bite and do some business.... plan to get back out in a few minutes. Haven't seen anything yet, but my camera has been showing some daytime activity.... but when duty calls I don't do it in the woods.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1447249352.023911.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1447249465.446335.jpg

That's a beauty!  Man O Man.... Congratulations.