Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

post-148213-14472734432928_thumb.jpg

Harewood on the down wind side of huge thicket. Forgot my book bag with EVERYTHING in . So had to resort to rubbing mud on my face and no range finder. Did hear a buck grunting and sounded like a little chasing right when I sat down.

Lookin for one of these guys!

post-148213-14472736412787_thumb.jpgpost-148213-14472736564919_thumb.jpg

He'll the way this season going I might even have to throw one at this one. ......

post-148213-14472737405617_thumb.jpg

Had a doe and fawn trot through about 60 yards just before sunset with a small buck trailing about 10 minutes behind. Long day of not seeing much, but who could say it's better than work. I'll get out another couple times but Looking forward to gun season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I sat at the edge of a swamp last night with acorns all over the place and had one small doe come through. Buddy of mine sat 200 yards away between corn and oaks and had deer crawling up his ladder to snuggle  :P

Goes to show how one hot doe in a thicket can create that perfect micro-environment, and every deer on the property will try to be with her. Boom or bust.

Someone tell these deer to get moving! Looks like after this morning, this weather system will have me grounded until Sunday.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-14473325815064_thumb.jpg

She's laying on side could she be dead

Deer will on occasion lay on their side but she will still have her ears "up" listening to what's going on around her. If her ears are down, not good but if her ears are still up and alert, she's probably just resting. She should get up after about 30 minutes. If she is still laying like that after an hour, she could be dead.

Chris