Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Just took a look at the 10 day forecast looks like we'll actually have some real November weather for the opening weekend of gun. No classes tomorrow so I'm gonna head out one more time to try to fill my bow tags. Hopefully I can at least get a doe to fill the freezer.

Did your son get to connect with one ?

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nope. No luck yet for him.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hop, since back to fixed blade, not a single issue. Shot placement was never a factor before. Now it isnt either, strikers outta compond, muzzys in xbow. Pass through everytime with dead animal within 50yds. My experience anyway

Yea, staying with fixed both bow and x bow.  Pam from Brewer`s sporting in Ovid recommended Thunderhead, and I`m very happy with them.  If anybody has any ideas on how to quiet the x bow, I`d love to hear them.  As loud as a 22, I`d say. 

Well some rescheduling of work has put me in a tree this afternoon vs this morning. 55 degrees, sunny skies, and east wind. We know the fish don't like it but maybe the deer do???

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm thinking that they do like it Rob. Been in the stand for about 20 minutes after about 5 I had a buck grunting in the golden rods so I gave him a little grunt back to see if he'd show his face. No buck in the golden rods came out but a small 6 came in behind me. He left and about 5 minutes ago I had a nice mature buck chasing a doe about 120 yards out.

Yea, staying with fixed both bow and x bow.  Pam from Brewer`s sporting in Ovid recommended Thunderhead, and I`m very happy with them.  If anybody has any ideas on how to quiet the x bow, I`d love to hear them.  As loud as a 22, I`d say. 

Don't worry about quieting it.  Worry about your shot placement.  I shot a buck and a doe with rage hypodermics and by the time

they heard the shot, the bolt had already passed through them.  Both dropped within sight. One from a heart shot and the other

lung shot. Absolutely no tracking required.  They cant jump string at  350 fps at 20-30 yds. 

Don't worry about quieting it.  Worry about your shot placement.  I shot a buck and a doe with rage hypodermics and by the time

they heard the shot, the bolt had already passed through them.  Both dropped within sight. One from a heart shot and the other

lung shot. Absolutely no tracking required.  They cant jump string at  350 fps at 20-30 yds. 

I sure do attend to shot placement.  However, I would also like to quiet the x bow as much as possible.

Absolutely deer can jump a string at that bow speed (i.e. drop to the ground)......take a peek at this

http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2010/7/14/the-science-of-string-jumping/

The author in that article started out talking about deer jumping the string at 260 fps and then moved it up to 300.   

He stated drop of 14.8 inches at 260 fps and then 8.8 at 300 fps.  Do the math what would it be at 350 fps?

If you aim dead on for heart at 30 yard and no jump, you have heart shot. If  there is a drop you have lungs.

He also states he will take the fast arrow over the quiet bow anytime.  Since  OP  asked about silencers

click on the link there are some http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=crossbow+silencer