Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

thanks ,hey gill i might bring the browning for some good" sound" shots just to thin the vegatation a little,years ago we might have 2 or 3 guys filtering some beer sharing the stories like the last 60 pages of this post....now we sit at home with a pc on our lap sharing our life with some people we probly will never meet..but its almost as fun just without the hangovers,,,but just like camp the bs flys,advise is given ,and we dont have to wait a week for our film to be devoloped to see the "Big One" some one got...the way i see it is at 58 maybe i gots 20 years to hunt without a walker, thats only 20 more deer seasons,,,,worse yet ,thats only 20 more opening days if the bones will keep me upright..so thanks for sharing your stories,be safe ,may you be blessed with a great and safe opening day,and maybe just maybe "Old Moe" will step into your shooting lane.........hope ya got one in the chamber,nerves of steel and hold that half breath...................get buck fever................and miss................ so i can get that SOB...

Love Ray K.

Hey, Ray! The canoe is a decoy. Everybody knows that you hunt right behind Walmart  :rofl:

Given my experience yesterday, I'm just camping out in my truck. Best buck I've seen this week. If I'd shot that thing with a bow, it would have cemented my belief in the absurd. 

hmm hunting walmart..........that would fall into "BIG GAME" hunting,,,,,definatly a place for" MEAT" hunters   ...my wood will never be the same............

Ps .for you guys not happy with my groups ...keep in mind when i sight in i use a walkin stick,standing and kneeling position not a lead sled and a shooting bench.........

Ray, you better bring your tin foil hat, microwave energy from those antennas are bad for for ya. You might wanna lower yer stand to the first girder. Oxygen is thin too. Hey, but at least you won't be mistaken for a bear in a tree..

Mexican bamboo...huh..so that's what the code word is...we used to call it grass. Planted it one year for a food plot, but, it never seemed to attract deer the way it should. Folks kept staggering in and out of it and it wouldn't grow, man...

Seriously, I hope your hunt is a great success, and you are blessed with the luck of the ancients. You got the bloodstream goodies, so you should be able to give us all some some more good, dead animal pics! Stay safe, and have a great hunt my friend! I'm trying to leave them off the bumper of the K (deer) Whopper for ya..seems like they would be able to dodge a thing the size of a house only going 88 feet per second...better than a stick flying near 300 fps...:blink:...:huh::)

Get that big un, baldy! Good luck!

Skippy

I'm not a climber guy as I like to just walk to my tree and climb up sit down stealthy as possible and not sweating. But that being said the climber that I have is heavy, noisy, a pain to use, and not that comfortable. I'm thinking of buying a new one that is complete opposite of all the things listed above. Any thoughts?

Check out the summits - mine has been great. Its easy to setup and climb with. I have done several all day sits in them and find it more comfortable than a hang on. I went with the titan to get a little more room and bigger platform. There are several models to choose from.

I have an older Lone Wolf aluminum sit and climb. It's about 20 lbs. Rated for 300 lbs.. (me 310...boots and nothing else) wait...that's Ray. I'm comfortable with it. It is very quiet, easy to pack and set up, has its own bow holder and pockets for putting brush branches to hide in. Been using it for years trouble free. It does not have the most comfortable seat, but the new ones are much more creature friendly. Only draw back, price, but you can't break it and it is quality. My son has summit and he likes his as well, but I think mine packs easier than his.

I have a summit also..bout 10 yrs old this one is 16 lbs and if properly secured to yer back you can shoot yer bow if the need arises ..got a decent 8pt walkin slow to my tree on the ground with it on...nice and comfy ...........dont drop nuttin like yer release....i have heard that could happen....skip the wind,weather ,and I am ready......i have 1/2 a notion to go deposit one of my bags of buck tarsal on the big boys scrape area......i did that 1 bow season and a big boy was bedded down 5 ft from my tree ,,,,,,,i spooked him in the dark  (ok he spooked me)  at first light i grunted him in and missed at 25 yds (bow)..oh well back before range finders i missed more than a few.

I own a summit as well. Good stand. I filled mine with spray foam to help eliminate the clang and made it into more of a clunk. Think it helps alittle bit. I enjoy hiking till i find lots of fresh ****, finding a killing tree, and setting up on it for the day. Dont have property of my own so my climber is my best friend. First couple sits in a stand seem to be best anyway. Goodluck this wknd everyone!

Last day of bow season

Friday November 20 -

Partly cloudy skies

SW wind 5-15 mph

Temps in the middle 30s

What a difference a day makes! Cold front pushed through last night. Yesterday's high was 68 degrees and today 45

Deer were seen in the headlights everywhere on my 50 minute ride to Wyoming county.

I've been in the stand since 6 and have had 5 deer pass by. Spooked one getting in my stand, had two unknown singles pass by in the dark, and two fawns just went through.

Deer are on their feet this morning!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app