Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Why is it guys wait till they show up at camp or their hunting property and sight their guns in the day before the season? I damn near fell out of my tree. I expect shots during gun season but wasn't ready for them today

Edited by bout time

Always last minute and it will be "I hit the paper I'm good "even if it's 12" from the bull

Guy we used to hunt with as a kid used to "sight in" his 12 gauge by shooting rotting pumpkins the day before the Monday opener. How the heck can you sight in a gun doing that, lol?

Those are the guys you hear emptying the entire gun and missing every shot.

Our longtime friend and neighbor on two sides is a single shot kind of guy.  Once in a blue moon two.  The guys who lease the land on the third side, however, scare me all the time.  Last year I was outside splitting wood and blam blam blam blam... he kept firing and kept getting closer and closer.  Every year it's a war zone on that side.

I used to hunt Delaware County. There was 1000s of acres to hunt and on top of the mountain there was land that some logging company bought and then leased it to some down state city hunters. I would be out the day before gun season hunting bow and all day they would be up there...bang bang bang..boom bang..all kinds of stuff including rata tattatttatatatat...BOOM!..

THEY not only brought their deer guns but all forms of play toys too! Their one weekend and weekday off from the city grind and they partied and banged away. Next day they were silent..saw one of then standing on the property line and went to say hi. He has a huge rifle..barrel was pointed toward me enough that I had to ask him to please not aim at me with that thing.."what is that" I asked. He said 375 h and h. I said "last I checked there wasn't any elephants around these parts". He said no kidding..I haven't seen any deer yet either.

"Jeeze", I said, "wonder why?"..little did he know they were all chased off that prime piece of land, down the side of the mountain where me and a friend hunted. They put so many deer down there it was like spawning season run of salmon. The smell of alcohol was plenty. Must be they never get away from the old lady long enough in their life to do all things separately. Get em all done in one weekend. Drink, shoot every gun they own, and hunt one day. Freaking unreal. :blink::blink::unsure::rolleyes:

I climbed down at 12:30 for a quick break after only seeing 3 this morning. Back In the same spot i was this morning in hopes of a last sit bruiser before all hell breaks loose! It's been an extremely tough archery season to say the least but I love every second of it. If nothing else I think I have taken a few different pieces of knowledge with me to use In future seasons ahead. And hopefully the state will relies that what they did this season was beyond stupid and fix it for next. To many doe's my a$$. The buck to doe ratio is closer then I have ever seen it in monroe county. (Hope it stays this close for many years.) Congrats to everyone on here who has punched a tag this year, and it has been great having hunting buddies from all over the state sharing Info on LOU! Good luck in the next chapter to All and stay safe.

Moat people are worried about getting shot 2,3, and 4 off before they pull the trigger the 1st time. That's why I use the ol smoke pole! You get one shot and you better make it count.

same here Matt. The smoke pole is the only way to go. It is amazing how many deer drop right in their tracks with the muzzleloader.