Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Just saw a doe and shooter buck that I had kind of patterned this last week of bow season. He'd come to the clearing down the same trail every evening sit just before dark. Wind was perfect I checked when "legal" light was if he came through late. 20 minutes before dark I see him in the treeline and he just walks around the clearing about 5 yards in the whole time. The big big buck here did basically the same thing to me opening day of Buck/bow. I guess that's the theme for my season.

Nice meathunter hey where do you hunt in 6k?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hunt happy valley.... but now that gun is open in southern tier I won't be going back up till next muzzy season. My cousin and I been getting 6k tags for about 10 years, usually one of us would have a preference point back when they were needed.

Got my buck today behind my house in weedsport, tomorrow I'm going to skaneatlas to hunt with a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Getting back to my 6k, I actually got a preference point, and they mailed me a doe tag on Nov 1. Figures too my last day up there I was walking around places I hadn't hunted this year and found good buck rubs and scrapes so if he survives this year I'll be looking for him next year.

Here's the story behind that buck.... he's one hell of a tough bastard!! Not only does he have a snapped off horn, but he took a 30-30 to the lung, ran roughly 200 yards and was bedded when I found him. His head was up and he was looking at me at about 40 yards. I put a bead on his neck, blam he tries running into a swamp and tries to swim. Well I pumped another round into his neck and it comes out his right eye. Done. Now he's about 30 yards out in 3 fow. I had to walk home and get my waders cause I was planning on hunting the afternoon. That dude has taken some likins and still wanted to keep on tickin....

post-141087-14481561246053_thumb.jpg

post-141087-14481562434867_thumb.jpg

I was blessed to harvest this beauty of a buck this morning. Easily the biggest bodied deer I've ever harvested with an estimated weight well above 200#. It was an incredible hunt today seeing multiple bucks and does this AM. I was lucky to have a hot doe in front of me today and this brute was chasing her all over right in front of me......he was the 23rd deer I saw today. Good luck to all

Be safe,

Chris

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1448155991.929500.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1448156155.345536.jpg

I was blessed to harvest this beauty of a buck this morning. Easily the biggest bodied deer I've ever harvested with an estimated weight well above 200#. It was an incredible hunt today seeing multiple bucks and does this AM. I was lucky to have a hot doe in front of me today and this brute was chasing her all over right in front of me......he was the 23rd deer I saw today. Good luck to all

Be safe,

Chris

A brute! Very nice, congrats!