Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

My son and I doubled up this morning on some nice bucks. He shot his 7 point at sunrise in the hardwoods. He came off a cut bean field and gave him a 30 yd shot which dropped him. Big bodied deer with some good mass and long beams. His biggest.

post-149813-14482168149851_thumb.jpg

I shot my 9 point at 8:05 in the thickets. I set this stand second day of bow and haven't hinted since. It was a 30 minute walk to get the 200 yds or so off the main trail into the stand. There was deer in front of me as soon as I got into the stand. I could hear the slow crunch in the brush all morning but he just wouldn't come out. I couldn't hold it anymore, and got the old pee jug out. That's all it took, I looked over my shoulder and hear he comes at a full sneak, trotting to my lane. I put the jug down, grabbed the gun, and stopped him. Dropped him in his tracks. My son and I were only 150 yards apart.

post-149813-14482172153865_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14482172498141_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14482173195401_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice double king, fine pair of bucks.... george that buck moved through noon ish yesterday, I dumped my buck at 1230.... I enjoy packing a lunch and sitting put all day because I've killed more non pressured deer between 10 and 2 then I have morning or evening.... I got my wife's cousin starting to see it my way as he knows my mid day record.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great buck, Chris. I'm assuming it was on the family property. It must go some way toward making the sacrifices you made this year to hold onto the land worthwhile. Congratulations!

Thanks boys for all the kind words. Yes, I was blessed to harvest this bad boy on our Genesee County property.