Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Sat in one of my bow stands last night, and wanted to get a doe with my pistol for the year! And was fortunate to. Make 2 good shots on does! One was 43 yds and one was 20yds. Both deer were broadside and standing perfect for me and about a half hour apart! And that is number 4 and 5 with this pistol since getting it! all my doe tags are filled unless I get more signed to me! So back to buck hunting rest of the year!

post-144765-14486696156421_thumb.jpg

Sat in one of my bow stands last night, and wanted to get a doe with my pistol for the year! And was fortunate to. Make 2 good shots on does! One was 43 yds and one was 20yds. Both deer were broadside and standing perfect for me and about a half hour apart! And that is number 4 and 5 with this pistol since getting it! all my doe tags are filled unless I get more signed to me! So back to buck hunting rest of the year!

i hope you eat the meat

In my own garage i have made 25lbs of maple sausage 45lbs of Italian sausage 30lbs of burger 10 jars of canned venison. Steak the backstraps a few roasts. Save a bunch of bug chunks for jerky and I make my own summer sausage!post-144765-14486794715633_thumb.jpg These deer are going to be ham and cheddar hotdogs! I even pick up roadkills because I hate seeing the meat go to waste.. I get at least 3 roadkills a year.. I give big bags of meat to EVERY property owners land I hunt. As well as bring them out on free charters. Hunting is more than just hunting for me and my family we spend a ton of time in the woods! And We don't buy any beef! Freezer pic! Any other ?s. ( that is the 4th and ,5th deer with my pistol SINCE I BOUGHT IT 6 YEARS AGO) trust me I am not out there shooting every deer I see, the deer i do harvest I use the meat very effectively!

Nice job on the does and freezer full of goodies! Do you process or send it out? I do my own and am always looking for new ideas

Thanks! I personally do all of my own. Only thing I do not do (yet) is hot dogs. (Don't have really good way to puree a large batch of meat) for the Italian sausage. We go to skips meat market in Fairport and get seasoning pack. It is good for up to 50lbs and I don't think it is much less than 10$ if I remember right. And we mix in a bunch of minced white onions and green peppers. And then add 30% pork. And get casings from tops mix all together and send thru grinder! ( we got a big 6 gallon mixer from cabelas to help mix all the venison and pork and evenly distribute the seasoning before stuffing and to make sure the meat is not over or under seasoned, this is really nice!) for Breakfast sausage we just leave as ground don't put into links, you can get maple seasoning pack from anywhere honestly ( gander, bass pro). And with a 25lb batch mix this the same 30% pork as Italian sausage. I add almost a full bottle of maple syrup into the batch as well! Both of them turn out awesome!! All grinding, stuffing,mixing is done with a 1hp grinder from cabelas. the industrial one and that thing will eat whatever you throw in it as long as it fits in the chute! And all attachments slide right on from mixer to stuffer! If anyone is looking to do their own it is pretty rewarding knowing you killed it and made some awesome food all on your own and some nice time spent with friends or family in the making process!!

Thanks! I personally do all of my own. Only thing I do not do (yet) is hot dogs. (Don't have really good way to puree a large batch of meat) for the Italian sausage. We go to skips meat market in Fairport and get seasoning pack. It is good for up to 50lbs and I don't think it is much less than 10$ if I remember right. And we mix in a bunch of minced white onions and green peppers. And then add 30% pork. And get casings from tops mix all together and send thru grinder! ( we got a big 6 gallon mixer from cabelas to help mix all the venison and pork and evenly distribute the seasoning before stuffing and to make sure the meat is not over or under seasoned, this is really nice!) for Breakfast sausage we just leave as ground don't put into links, you can get maple seasoning pack from anywhere honestly ( gander, bass pro). And with a 25lb batch mix this the same 30% pork as Italian sausage. I add almost a full bottle of maple syrup into the batch as well! Both of them turn out awesome!! All grinding, stuffing,mixing is done with a 1hp grinder from cabelas. the industrial one and that thing will eat whatever you throw in it as long as it fits in the chute! And all attachments slide right on from mixer to stuffer! If anyone is looking to do their own it is pretty rewarding knowing you killed it and made some awesome food all on your own and some nice time spent with friends or family in the making process!!

For the breakfast sausage do you just form your own patties with your ground? I do all my ground and havnt tried doing breakfast sausage.

I've got the cabelas grinder deal too, it's the Taj Mahal for doing stuff like this.

Nice job on the 2 does too!

That's great mach, I also do my own sausage. I buy pork butt, and typically do 20lb hot, 20 sweet and 10 breakfast. I work second shift getting out of work at 11 if there is a fresh kill on the way home I will grab it, even if I can only get the front shoulders the rest will get piled for yote bait. I admire your ambition....way to go man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes just package in 1ish lb vacume bags and then make patties like a burger and pan fry! Also turn out good on the grill! I tried using the small dried collagen casings but found them to give the links a small off flavor that I didn't enjoy very much.

What a difference a week makes. The tolls of gun hunting pressure are surely being seen in the deer woods of 8A. Daytime deer activity has screeched to a halt. History has taught me that the majority of gun hunters hang it up by the end of thanksgiving weekend. 

I'm In 8a also one shot heard all morning with no deer sightings. I was told that the farmer across the street said that anielated the deer tge last two years with nucence permits.........looks like next in going to have to try and put ALOT more food In the ground so they don't have to cross the road

I'm In 8a also one shot heard all morning with no deer sightings. I was told that the farmer across the street said that anielated the deer tge last two years with nucence permits.........looks like next in going to have to try and put ALOT more food In the ground so they don't have to cross the road

They have done that since the beginning of time over there. Their entire farm gets wacked pretty good before the season even starts.